PDA

View Full Version : Baby K'Tan?

Dayzy
06-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I saw these online and they look easy to use. My problem is that there aren't any retailers near me that carry it, so I can't go try it on before buying. Does anyone own one and what do you think of it? Thanks!

TwoBees
06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Personally, I hated the K'tan. It was either too tight and I couldn't get DD in, or it was too loose. I tried two sizes, and this was when Dd was 5-6 lbs. I prefered the Moby because I could adjust it as needed. I wish I had gotten it from the get-go.

ETA: Diapers.com carries it and has free returns, in case you don't like it.

joules
06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I have one. I got one for 40% off (someone posted here about a one day sale from the baby k'tan website a few months ago). DS was about 2 months old when I got it.

I really liked it a lot but only for a short period of time. I liked that it was 2 shouldered and it was easy to use. At the time I only had the k'tan and a kkafp. I really love my kkafp, but it's fleece and only one shouldered. DS was born in March so we had some warmer days here and also some colder ones. I loved the kkafp for colder days and the k'tan for warmer days. I only used them for walks around the block (about a 20 minute walk) and also for around the house. 2 shoulders was nice because it was more hands free/secure than the 1 shouldered kkafp.

However, I got a pikkolo (a SSC) when DS was around 3 months old and I've only been using that now.

The other downside to the k'tan was that it was sized for me. DH couldn't use it at all (even tho he tried hahaha). That's why I eventually bought the pikkolo for him....but then I liked it so much we share it now. This is where the Moby would be better since it's one size fits all...but I knew i'd be frustrated with trying to wrap that thing so that's why I didn't buy that one.

I would definitely use it again for the next one - but only from about the newborn to 2 or 3 month old stage.

sunshine873
06-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I loved the Baby K'Tan for the early stages. DD hated her car seat, she hated strollers, but she would snuggle right in to the Baby K'Tan.

Now that she's older and bigger (about 20 pounds,) I thought I'd still be using it, but it's a little on the big side and I don't feel it's secure that way. I bought a Piccolo at the same time and that works well for us (back carry) now. :)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Baby K'Tan to anyone for the infant stages. & if it's sized properly, it might be great for later too.

Dayzy
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I am planning on using it for the infant stages since I have a toddler and think it will make running errands a lot easier. I have a Moby from when I had DS and had the worst time trying to wrap it right. Thanks again!

tmahanes
06-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I ABSOLUTELY love mine!!!!

TwoBees
06-29-2010, 08:20 AM
I just saw that Frogmama.com has some K'tans on clearance right now.