PDA

View Full Version : Would You Do This?

Raidra
06-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I saw this picture of a playroom and I absolutely love the climbing cargo net. I just worry.. my boys get rowdy, and we often have even rowdier boys over to visit.. do you think this is a bad idea, or am I worrying too much?

Here's the picture:
http://tinyurl.com/29ux7sw

sste
06-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Do you ever have younger toddlers in your house? My DS got into a MASSIVE, twenty feet up in the air rope maze at a public museum and scooted up before my DH could grab him. He had to be rescued by a three-person team of seven year olds while all the onlookers pointed and said loudly, "WHO let that baby up in the net?" We still talk about seven year old rescue leader Jimmy reverently!

So, I think there is a younger kid problem and also without lots of twists and turns I would worry it might get boring.

Melaine
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
That really does look fun. I think I would be afraid though.

SnuggleBuggles
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
It looks awesome. Don't know if I would do it mainly b/c Id be worried about it being structurally sound. Otherwise it looks like fun!

Beth

graciebellesmomma
06-28-2010, 03:58 PM
That looks like a lot of fun for 2-3 times, but I think they'd get bored of it
pretty quick.

I have to say this.
I, for sure, am a doomsdayer. I think that looks like a whole
lot of accidents waiting to happen, perhaps even an accidental
hanging.

Melaine
06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the hanging thing is what came to my mind immediately. It kind of creeps me out looking at it.

tiapam
06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree with PPs, it looks like someone could get accidentally hung in it. What about something like this instead:

http://www.swingsetsandmore.com/Swing-n-Slide-NE-4481-1-SNS1050.html

Raidra
06-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree with PPs, it looks like someone could get accidentally hung in it. What about something like this instead:

http://www.swingsetsandmore.com/Swing-n-Slide-NE-4481-1-SNS1050.html

See, I think my kids would get bored faster with that than the other. Plus, the openings look more narrow.. is there a hanging risk if the openings are bigger than a child's head? Not saying the ones in the picture definitely are, I'm just wondering.

We have a set of rings in the room that the kids swing on constantly, which is why I was thinking of this, too. The rings have been up for probably a year and they play on them all day (we were originally going to rotate between the rings and a hanging seat, but they haven't gotten bored yet).

We do have toddlers over, plus Fiona's just 2 and Niall will be a toddler eventually. :) Our living space is all one level, and we'd put mats underneath.. so I'd guess that if they're able to climb up, I wouldn't worry too much. Looking at the picture again.. I don't think ours would be that high up, nor would it be as big (we don't have the space).

What worries me more is two or more boys being up in it at a time and rough-housing..

Indianamom2
06-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Sorry, but there is no way I would do that. I think the risk of accidental hanging would be sky high, not to mention all the other potential for accidents.

Way too much risk involved IMO.

Meatball Mommie
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Sorry, but there is no way I would do that. I think the risk of accidental hanging would be sky high, not to mention all the other potential for accidents.

Way too much risk involved IMO.

:yeahthat:

It *looks* cute, fun, etc. but there's no way I'd want that in my own house. There are other fun things you could do instead, imo. We got one of those mini trampolines for kids and that was the best money I've ever spent. I actually think we ordered ours from Oriental Trading of all places and it was only $60. All the kids love it and it provides good exercise too.

wellyes
06-28-2010, 05:21 PM
No way no how. Great thing to do when you visit a Children's Museum or something like that but not for day-to-day in the house, especially in a room the kids would be sometimes unsupervised in.