PDA

View Full Version : Ya, that's what I wear to Target!

mom2binsd
06-28-2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/72039/2010/06/kate-gosselin-shows-her-summery-skin

Really Kate???? The top and shorts are ok I guess, I couldn't pull it off, but they aren't too bad, but the shoes-come on! Cute shoes, but for going out at night not shopping atTarget, even if you call it "Tarjeah"- you know the fancy way you say it!

It cracks me up when I see folks wearing silly things like this, esp when they complain about unwanted attention.

daisymommy
06-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about trashy. And IMO, the top is "that bad". Her girls are nearly falling right out of it!

lhafer
06-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Sure the top is cute, and at least it's shorts and not a miniskirt, but the shoes?!?! Jeez. And how old is she again? This is for 20-something, not a 40-something (or mid 30's or whatever her age is!).

mom2binsd
06-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about trashy. And IMO, the top is "that bad". Her girls are nearly falling right out of it!

Well, it's low etc, but after having lived in Southern Cal for 5 years I think I'm immune to cleavage!!! I don't show that much, but it seems pretty common for women of all ages.

MamaKath
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/72038/2010/06/kate-gosselin-shows-her-summery-skin
She looks like she has had more plastic surgery too. I feel bad for her kids. It is obvious she is the one really using them to find fame in the lie of supporting them. She should cut back her own lifestyle, move to a house she could afford and get back to a life of reality- NOT reality tv!!!

WatchingThemGrow
06-28-2010, 05:52 PM
LOL -just checking out the 2nd link and a Hanna FS on orders over $100 banner popped up.

mom2binsd
06-28-2010, 06:01 PM
LOL -just checking out the 2nd link and a Hanna FS on orders over $100 banner popped up.

Those banners are your cookies hard at work, I get Skechers banners now as I've been searching a pair of Skechers lately, kinda scary how the ad know what you like!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
She has facelift brows..... Where they are high in the middle. Ummmm, WOW. I guess it is more appropriate for Target than Walmart.:hysterical:

catpagmo
06-28-2010, 07:07 PM
I dunno. I thought she looked kind of cute, minus the shoes, and crazy brows.

hillview
06-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Ok that IS NOT her. Seriously. That is her? I think it isn't
/hillary

tiapam
06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
The sad thing is, no matter what she does, it makes her look *older* not younger.

boolady
06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
It cracks me up when I see folks wearing silly things like this, esp when they complain about unwanted attention.

I think Kate is like many other celebrities (and I use that word loosely as it refers to her) out there today...her complaints about unwanted attention have always rang false for me. I do not consider myself a prude by any stretch, but that outfit, including the top, is way over the top for a midday trip to Target. If she wants to fit in, she should go like I do...in yoga pants! ;)

Seriously though, particularly given where she lives, she's got to stand out like a sore thumb in those kinds of get-ups. She's not living in LA where people seem to walk around like that for no apparent reason other than, well, attention.

Andi98989
06-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Perhaps she's picked up a second job and had to change into her costume before she got there? :banana:

:bag:

boolady
06-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Perhaps she's picked up a second job and had to change into her costume before she got there? :banana:

:bag:

Seriously.

TwinFoxes
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Seriously though, particularly given where she lives, she's got to stand out like a sore thumb in those kinds of get-ups. She's not living in LA where people seem to walk around like that for no apparent reason other than, well, attention.

I assumed she had moved to LA. Not everyone there dresses like this, but enough people do that this wouldn't register on the oddball scale.

Melaine
06-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Oh my word, did ya'll see this???? http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/jon-gosselins-rebirth-via-new-tattoo--1349

elliput
06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
The top and shorts are not a big deal IMO. The shoes, however, are over the top and completely the wrong style for her. They make her ankles and calves look thick and her legs short.

scriptkitten
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I love very fashion forward footwear and clothing. I also think that everyone should dress as sexy and cute as they want to. Mid 30s is not ancient.

However, that outfit just isn't a good one. She needs to work on developing her personal style to avoid falling into the cliche of "tight top, short shorts, high heels". There are WAY better high heels to rock to Target and short shorts look way better with a billowy top.

scriptkitten
06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I think Kate is like many other celebrities (and I use that word loosely as it refers to her) out there today...her complaints about unwanted attention have always rang false for me. I do not consider myself a prude by any stretch, but that outfit, including the top, is way over the top for a midday trip to Target. If she wants to fit in, she should go like I do...in yoga pants! ;)

well, some people honestly don't feel comfortable in Yoga pants unless they are at the gym. kate seems to love shoes. more power to her, even if those particular shoes aren't my taste.

katydid1971
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
All I can think about are those poor kids. Both parents are train wrecks!!!!! They are so cute I hope they come out of this childhood unscarred but I don't think that will happen. I think its weird that in the Jon link he tattooed his girlfriend's name on his back, at the rate he's been going through girlfriends he's going to regret that decision.

ourbabygirl
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah, wow. She takes herself WAY too seriously.

hellokitty
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I could barely even tell that was KG! First, her latest cosmetic surgery looks awful and those trampy shoes! It's like she bought them and just wanted an excuse to wear them w/o trying to match it to the outfit (or occasion).

kijip
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Besides the shoes being ugly I don't see the issue. All of it is not my style but whatever. Fake tans are weird.

Ceepa
06-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I've seen a lot worse at Target, but who cares I'm just there to buy my floss and get out.

scrooks
06-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I just think it's super weird because like 3 years ago she was dressing like I do to go to Target (an Eddie Bauer type t-shirt and khaki shorts)...I hate to say it, but just like many "moms" in America. Now it's like a complete 180. I could almost relate to her on a mom level before, she seemed ordinary except for the 8 kids...now she just seems a bit ridiculous. And Jon and that tattoo...Yikes!

shawnandangel
06-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't like the shoes but I don't see anything wrong with the rest of the outfit. I wouldn't wear the top, DD would pull it down and out would pop the ladies.

bubbaray
06-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't like the shoes but I don't see anything wrong with the rest of the outfit. I wouldn't wear the top, DD would pull it down and out would pop the ladies.

:yeahthat:

SnuggleBuggles
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I think the outfit is more nighttime than daytime and I think heels look ridiculous with shorts like that.

Beth

kransden
06-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I just feel sorry for the kids. They have no parents.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-28-2010, 10:38 PM

:yeahthat:, and LOL re: the boobs falling out. my DS would do the same.

i lived in LA as well and it's not uncommon to see ppl dressed like that at random stores. the shoes are not my taste at all (not very flattering for her either), but i don't see what's so horrible about her outfit. :shrug: honestly, i'd rather see someone dressed like that than see all those tween/teen girls wearing jeans so low they flash everyone their butt crack (i see a lot of THAT at Target, Wal-Mart, etc)

Melbel
06-28-2010, 10:46 PM
IMO, the outfit does not flatter her figure at all. As for her distorted face, I saw reports that it was actually a botched Botox job, and some compared her new look to Jack Nicholson.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/kate-gosselin-botched-botox-11010586

http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylifestyle/news/doctors-kate-gosselin-got-a-botched-botox-job-2010246

MelissaTC
06-28-2010, 10:50 PM

I just gasped aloud and exclaimed "her big fake boobies are falling out of her shirt!". Of course DH wanted to see.

bubbaray
06-28-2010, 10:52 PM
IMO, the outfit does not flatter her figure at all. As for her distorted face, I saw reports that it was actually a botched Botox job, and some compared her new look to Jack Nicholson.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/kate-gosselin-botched-botox-11010586

http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylifestyle/news/doctors-kate-gosselin-got-a-botched-botox-job-2010246

Well, I feel sorry for her -- botched Botox does not sound like fun.

I think she looks great here: http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/72537/2010/06/kate-gosselin-shops-target-then-heads-girls-night-out

I'm not a fan of the shoes in the first set of photos in this thread, but would definitely wear those shorts and a similar style of tank pretty much anywhere except church or work. I really like the turquoise top in this link, and I own a similar skirt. I don't generally wear high heels, but like the heels in this set of photos.

elektra
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Kate is just a bit of a hot mess here. Just a little off with her fashion choices. Nothing worse than that. I think I see where she is trying to go with the shoes but it just isn't working with that outfit. I personally often look down at my slobby self and think that I wish I would dress up a bit more actually! So I give her props for trying.

essnce629
06-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Did anyone else notice that Jon left enough empty space on the scroll on his back that he could fit the names of several more children if he ever has any. That just seemed odd too me! There's enough room on that scroll to fit like 5 more kids names!

bubbaray
06-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Did anyone else notice that Jon left enough empty space on the scroll on his back that he could fit the names of several more children if he ever has any. That just seemed odd too me! There's enough room on that scroll to fit like 5 more kids names!

Maybe he's the mystery daddy for Octomom's kids. Wouldn't that be sick?

dcmom2b3
06-29-2010, 12:18 AM
This just confirms my belief that there ought to be some sort of licensing requirement for the current peep-toe bootie shoe trend. It's footwear that has the potential for deadly misuse. Like here.

Kate needs a stylist (a good stylist) or a quick injection of taste. IMO, there's nothing wrong with each element of that outfit if taken alone. All together they're a hot mess because everything's from a different genre and they're all fighting for attention.

The shorts are sporty -- the length and the notch in the side seam are a give away. No stiletto heels with those, thank you. With a pair of high wedge espadrilles and a sporty, nautical-inspired top? Fine.

Likewise, she'd have been good with the shoes and top if she'd chosen some well-cut (not too tight, not too loose, but just right) white capris or pedal pushers. Channeling the Marylin Monroe feel of the top, but lengthening the overall line.

And sunglasses never hurt.

TwoBees
06-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Ok that IS NOT her. Seriously. That is her? I think it isn't
/hillary

:yeahthat: I have a hard time believing that's her. Then again, I tuned out Kate gossip months ago. Regardless, that photo makes me nauseated. Ewwwwww.

gatorsmom
06-29-2010, 12:38 AM
She has facelift brows..... Where they are high in the middle. Ummmm, WOW. I guess it is more appropriate for Target than Walmart.:hysterical:

I think her brows look like that because she has her hair pulled up and back so severely. My brows do that too when I pull my hair back. :p

I actually like her top and shorts. I dont' think her boobs look too bad. I've seen MUCH worse. BUT I hate her shoes for that outfit. Who wears high heels to shop at Target??? Even if they looked alright, there is the comfort factor. Crazy.

kozachka
06-29-2010, 12:49 AM
The top and shorts are not a big deal IMO. The shoes, however, are over the top and completely the wrong style for her. They make her ankles and calves look thick and her legs short.

I completely agree with Erica. The heel is fine, but the style is not. And let go off the hair.

kozachka
06-29-2010, 12:55 AM
=Who wears high heels to shop at Target??? Even if they looked alright, there is the comfort factor. Crazy.

I do. Not really high heels, but shoes with a small to medium heel like Kate is wearing (I am guessing they are 1-2"), especially if I am wearing a skirt/dress since I do not like the way my legs look in flats when I wear skirts. And if I am stopping at Target on the way back from work, then you can catch me in high heels and by that I mean 2.5-3' heels. Personally, I think heels make a woman look better, and mine are quite comfortable.

dhano923
06-29-2010, 01:17 AM
I would totally wear those shoes, but with some dark denim and a cute blouse. But, if my body looked like Kate's does, I'd be rocking that outfit too. I also live in SoCal where this is not an unusual outfit. And I wear heels everywhere except the gym and the beach... again, not that unusual in my neck of the woods.

gatorsmom
06-29-2010, 01:22 AM
I do. Not really high heels, but shoes with a small to medium heel like Kate is wearing (I am guessing they are 1-2"), especially if I am wearing a skirt/dress since I do not like the way my legs look in flats when I wear skirts. And if I am stopping at Target on the way back from work, then you can catch me in high heels and by that I mean 2.5-3' heels. Personally, I think heels make a woman look better, and mine are quite comfortable.

I love heels too, and I"m a huge shoe lover. I didn't look that carefully, but I thought her heels looked higher than 3 inches. I don't consider 3 inches or lower to be "high" heels.

But even with low heels, those booties had stilletto heels which are harder to walk in, provide a lot less stability, and are hard on the ankles. I can't imagine pushing a cart wearing stilletto heels, even at 2.5 inches.

However, that said, if I had her bod and had a chance to shop without dragging my 8 kids along, I'd probably feel like wearing my sassy outfit too! :p

liz
06-29-2010, 07:21 AM
All I can think about are those poor kids. Both parents are train wrecks!!!!! They are so cute I hope they come out of this childhood unscarred but I don't think that will happen. I think its weird that in the Jon link he tattooed his girlfriend's name on his back, at the rate he's been going through girlfriends he's going to regret that decision.

Eww, I couldn't even read the article, the picture of Jon's tatoo was so gross, so I didn't see that he tatooed his GF name on his back. So dumb. Kate's outfit didn't bother me, but the shoes, that was another story. Bad choice of shoes.

Momit
06-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Seeing her now almost makes me miss her old asymmetrical bob. Almost.

The fake tan, the outfit, the shoes, the hair extentions, the Botox. Any one of those on its own might be ok but together, they are a disaster. Especially if she's in Pennsylvania and not LA!

MissyAg94
06-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Meh. I don't think it's so bad. Is it what I wear to Target? No. But to each her own.

boolady
06-29-2010, 09:15 AM
well, some people honestly don't feel comfortable in Yoga pants unless they are at the gym. kate seems to love shoes. more power to her, even if those particular shoes aren't my taste.

I know. It was a reference (apparently a poor one) to a thread on here about wearing yoga pants out and about a few months ago. To be honest, I'm usually at Target in my work clothes on my lunch hour. If not, though, it's not an outfit like that because I'd never be comfortable dressed like that. To each his own.

kozachka
06-30-2010, 02:23 AM
I don't consider 3 inches or lower to be "high" heels.

It's interesting how our definitions of what is a high heel change with age and kids. These days I consider heels that are 3" or higher "high". I had to look this up on Wikipedia, but apparently in high fashion world 2.5"-3.5" is considered "medium". Personally, I can't even walk properly in shoes with heels that are higher than 4". Oh well, there are other pleasures in life...

elliput
06-30-2010, 08:28 AM
And sunglasses never hurt.
:hysterical: :yeahthat: Maybe she's afraid the paparazzi wouldn't recognize her with sunglasses on?

calv
06-30-2010, 08:38 AM
wow, check out the expression(s) on her. BITTER much? I guess I would be too if the cameras were always following me. Then again, she can't be too surprised since she knows it comes w/making a reality show.

egoldber
06-30-2010, 08:47 AM
I just feel sorry for the kids. They have no parents.

:yeahthat: :(

Neatfreak
06-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I've gone back and looked at the photo a few times, and I just don't think it's actually Kate!

gatorsmom
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
wow, check out the expression(s) on her. BITTER much? I guess I would be too if the cameras were always following me. Then again, she can't be too surprised since she knows it comes w/making a reality show.

You know, I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I've tried to put myself in her shoes and I kind of feel sorry for her. I imagine that before the reality series came along, Jon and Kate were struggling financially to take care of those kids. And they were probably freaking out trying to figure out how to provide for them in the future. I can easily see how the lure of big money would be appealing for them. I can also see myself saying, ok, I'll do this show, rake in some big bucks and be able to provide for my kids. If it's a problem at all, we'll just quit. But then they got the beautiful house with the space that they needed and they got HUGELY popular so now they need body guards. And from the choices he's making, I'm guessing that Jon was always a huge PITB and not terribly helpful. Clearly, Kate had to be the one in control. Even if she wanted to stop the publicity and all the shows, how could she? Could she put her kids in public schools and stop paying for the bodyguards? Would that be safe? And she certainly needs help with the kids, maybe a nanny or aupair. Could she go back to work as a nurse (wasn't she a practicing nurse before the TV show started?)? Would a nurse's salary be enough to support the kids? And she'd probably have to move to a much smaller house in order to support them on her nurse's salary. I dont' think Jon brought in a ton of income. And even if she did quit TV, get a nursing job, and move to a smaller house to support that "away from TV" lifestyle, would the kids be better off? She'd certainly have to work a lot more to support her kids. They'd never see her anyway. They'd be with the nanny (or nannies) or aupair or whatever all the time, except now they'd be in a smaller house and with not a lot of extra help to make their lives easier. I think the point she's at now, she really has no choice but to continue the TV shows whether she wants to or not. And honestly, anytime I see her on TV or in magazines she looks miserable. I'd bet big bucks that she's not blind about this- if she could go back to the way they were before the reality show, she would. There is just no easy way out. Right now, she's just doing whatever she can to support her kids.

kijip
06-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Who wears high heels to shop at Target???

Some people just like wearing heels. I don't wear heels "to shop at Target" but I am quite sure I have been in Target or (insert store of choice) in heels. A lot. Since I can't wear them to work anymore (too casual workplace) and I wear workout shoes 1-2 hours a day, I get my heel fix wherever I can get it.

I would not however wear the shoes she has on. I think that they are ugly is a gross understatement.