PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime Free Trial.... but I do NOT want it NOW!!!

lisa928
06-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Amazon email: "As a thank you for your recent Diapers purchase from Amazon.com, we're giving you a free three months of Amazon Prime!"

So I held out last year because my twin girls were still small thinking I would do my trial of Amazon Prime for Christmas. How it seems they are forcing me into it with an expirtation date of 9/28 (my bithday:)). How do I tell them thanks but no thanks?

katydid1971
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
can you keep the email and start the trial on 9/27 that would get you through christmas

WatchingThemGrow
06-28-2010, 08:40 PM
IIRC, the Lightning deals (where Prime really pays off) were the days after Christmas last year. We're still pulling items out as gifts - total hits!!

lisa928
06-28-2010, 08:41 PM
They are forcing it to start today and end on 9/28.

twodogs
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Those amazon people are smart...

They are probably doing the free one now so you will see how great it is, and then you will love it enough to pay for it to continue through the holidays.

Momof3Labs
06-30-2010, 02:08 PM
IIRC, the Lightning deals (where Prime really pays off) were the days after Christmas last year. We're still pulling items out as gifts - total hits!!

I thought that they were between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and slowed down a couple of days before Christmas. I thought that we'd find more bargains after Christmas on amazon, but there wasn't much.

catpagmo
06-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I thought that they were between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and slowed down a couple of days before Christmas. I thought that we'd find more bargains after Christmas on amazon, but there wasn't much.

:yeahthat: This is what I remember, too.

fitbecky
06-30-2010, 08:56 PM
I got the same email too! Wish it would have extended until Christmas also.

lisa928
06-30-2010, 09:39 PM
I spoke to someone in the Customer Service Department and here is is what we agreed to...

As we discussed on the phone, we are not able to suspend your three month free trial that was given to you by Amazon for your diaper purchase.

If you want to use our Prime service later in the year please sign up for it and at the end of the first 30 days we will refund you in full for that membership. This is a one time exception as you didn't ask for the free trial membership to be applied to your account and we cannot move it to a different time frame for you.

When you call, if there are any issues, please have them reference this email and they will be able to see the notes on the account.

amyd
06-30-2010, 09:43 PM
thats very cool. I ordered dipes but did not get any offer. Maybe it's for the best:)