PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for an organized diaper bag??

marndt
06-29-2010, 12:02 AM
I currently have a PPB Boxy Backpack that I use everyday, it fits everything I need, but I feel like I am constantly taking everything out just to find one thing that managed to find it's way to the very bottom of the bag! Any suggestions for a diaper bag that is very functionally organized? I don't like backpacks, and I have 2 kiddos (both in diapers) ages 2 and 7 months. And I carry my stuff - wallet, keys, and phone in the diaper bag as well.

Is the Skip Hop Dash big enough for 2 kids?

I like the Skip Hop Studio Tote, and the reviews make it out to be very organized. But a lot of people said the quality wasn't great. And my husband thinks it looks like an old lady purse - but he doesn't have to like it :)

And I saw this OiOi bag the other day but not sure if it is any better on organization that the PPB

http://www.amazon.com/OiOi-Designer-Diaper-Eyelet-Accessories/dp/B002ZBRCOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1277783942&sr=1-1

Any input would be much appreciated!!

ang79
06-29-2010, 12:19 AM
If you like pockets, JuJuBe rocks! I've been through a lot of bags and the JuJuBe's are by far the most organized that I've tried. Pricey but I've bought all of mine gently used on Ebay, the JuJuBe Pink Room forum, or the babybags yahoo group.

I also like my Lexie Barnes Darling, though most places are currently sold out. They pop up occasionally on Mamabargains for a great deal though.

When DD2 was first born I loved my Babymel Amanda too and it had a decent amount of pockets. The Storksak Emily is almost the exact same bag, but much pricier.

I like to organize my stuff into smaller bags like JuJuBe BeQuicks and BeSets, Lexie Barnes Minis, and other little bags. That way the little stuff doesn't get lost at the bottom of the bag and its easy to tell DH which color bag to grab for diaper changes, spare clothes, etc. :)

Momof3Labs
06-29-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't like bags where you have to dig - vertical bags. I find that horizontal bags are easier to find and grab things. Keeping things in small zipper bags (even ziplocs if you are on a budget) helps, too. The SH Dash is one option, though I don't find the inside to be super organized but with a zipper bag for diaper stuff, one for feeding stuff, etc, you can probably make it work nicely. I used a Dash for a while for the twins.

swissair81
06-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Ju-Je-Be bags are my favorites. So organized. The BFF is not a digging bag, it's just wider. I can't wait to get mine.

Even if you don't like JJB bags, their smaller organizers are great. The accessories and wallets are quite awesome. http://www.shopjujube.com/Search.aspx?l=00040005000000000000&k=00040005000000000000&ViewAll=true

I use a Be Quick for diapers & wipes for each kid & changes of clothes. Sippy rocket for sippy cups. I have a Be Set for smaller things (although Lexie Barnes also has a set of little pouches. Don't know how much, I saw them recently on a blog.) And a mess shuttle for dirty clothes.

marndt
06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
I was just looking at the Ju Ju Be BFF - I think I might have found my bag!

Gracemom
06-30-2010, 09:33 AM
I would go for the BFF - looks like the best diaper bag ever!

arivecchi
06-30-2010, 10:39 AM
I love my Dash!

aajamu
06-30-2010, 06:10 PM
The Skip Hop Studio is really well organized. A friend has one and the quality has held up, at least for the last year. However, Skip Hop in general seems to have gone down in quality in the last few years - I had horrible experiences with their Via line (loose seams, mesh tearing, you name it). I think it is hit or miss - some bags have defects, some don't. There's not a lot of consistency. I guess it depends who puts your bag together; some have nice sewing, others do not. I think as they've expanded as a company, they've had some production issues. The older bags (pre 2007) all seem to last a lot longer than the newer bags.

I used to own a Storksak Suzi and really loved it. Good bag for 2 kids, though it isn't HUGE. 4 interior pocket, exterior pockets, interior zip, 2 side bottle pockets. It did get heavy when packed up for 2 (as most bags do). When I packed a ton, I always packed my PPB Boxy instead, so I could wear backpack style. I never had organization issues with it, but I often used Lexie Barnes mini bags to organize. It is wipeable, too. I found it on sale (30% off at the time) and it was worth every penny.

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=779327002&tid=plfr1r