PDA

View Full Version : IPod Touch/IPhone question..........

newg
06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
is it possible to synch my IPod Touch calendar with DH's IPhone calendar? I'm just using the calendar that comes standard on the Touch/Phone,, and I keep all of my doctor/NST appts. on it and DH has asked me to put them on his as well so I don't have to keep reminding him about them.

We use the same ITunes program on my computer, so I was thinking I would do it through that somehow. But I also thought that just having them next to eachother could somehow do it too.....

Is it pretty easy to do, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

gatorsmom
06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Yes, you can do it and no, I'm not sure how! I'll ask DH when he comes home (he took the boys to swim lessons). My iphone is synced with his ipod touch and his EVO somehow. I'll find out how he did it for you. It has made our lives SO MUCH EASIER!!!!

codex57
06-29-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it's in iTunes. We share the same iTunes account and share songs, movies, photos, apps, etc. We haven't actually used the Calendar yet but I imagine it's the same. Using the same iTunes account, it recognizes different iPhones, but we can still get the same stuff put into our phones.

I'm trying to figure out how to get separate address books, calendars, etc. Still using our old phones for now until the contract runs out so I can port the numbers to the iPhones. Haven't figured out all the features yet.

newg
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes, you can do it and no, I'm not sure how! I'll ask DH when he comes home (he took the boys to swim lessons). My iphone is synced with his ipod touch and his EVO somehow. I'll find out how he did it for you. It has made our lives SO MUCH EASIER!!!!

Ohhhhh I hope he can help me!! I've got at least three appts. a week now, so I'd love to just hit a few buttons to get our calendars on the same page!!

Thanks for asking him :bowdown:

gatorsmom
06-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Ok, got the scoop from DH.

You need to get something like a Google calender (which is free) to sync your Ipod and his Iphone up to. Unless you have an exchange server then your DH can set the calendar up on the Ipod to share with his Iphone.

If this doesn't make sense (and it doesn't make sense to me but dH just disappeared into the garage again without giving much more clarification), let me know and I"ll pin Dh down for more details.

stonecali
06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
DS and I sync both of our iphones up to the same computer using itunes (we use the same itunes account). We sync our calendars to our MS Outlook so whenever we plug our phone into the computer, the phone and Outlook sync with each other.

ETA:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/synchronize-outlook-and-apple-iphone-or-ipod-touch-contacts-HA010266802.aspx

BillK
06-30-2010, 08:30 AM
My wife and I sync our iPhones to a shared Google Calendar.

Very happy with how it works. She adds something to the calendar on her iPhone - it syncs over the air with Google Calendar. The next time I open my calendar on my iPhone - it syncs with Google Calendar over the air and her new addition is on my iPhone calendar.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252

and

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=151674 (how we do it)

You'll need wifi on your iTouch obviously if you want to sync OTA.

gatorsmom
06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
My wife and I sync our iPhones to a shared Google Calendar.

Very happy with how it works. She adds something to the calendar on her iPhone - it syncs over the air with Google Calendar. The next time I open my calendar on my iPhone - it syncs with Google Calendar over the air and her new addition is on my iPhone calendar.

This is how ours works. It's reallly convenient.

newg
06-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone!!!

I think I kinda figured out how to make it work last night. I'm not using google or any other type of calendar......except the basic one that shows up on the phon/touch when you purchase it.
Last night I went into "info" for both of ours and changed the sync options to just calendar.....then I synced mine and then DH's and my stuff showed up on his calendar!

Probably not as convienent as the "over air" with google.....but I really don't want to go through and change all my stuff over to google (I've got a min. of 3 doc visits a week 'till DD2 is born). But it might be fun to play with while I'm in the hospital!!!

Thanks again for the help!!