PDA

View Full Version : In a good place

hillview
06-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I just had to say that 1 year ago when DS2 was 18 months +/- it was SO hard. I was SO tired and at the end of my rope. Here 1 year later things are back to good. It was a rough 2 years but so nice to be on the other side of things a little. I am SLEEPING 8 hours on some nights (not all) which is a HUGE deal for me and makes me SUCH a nicer person and better mom. I am working on my patience with the kids which is much easier with some sleep and the boys while they do fight, DS1 has WAY more patience with DS2 and I am no longer worried they will kill each other (seriously). Anyway thanks to my board friends for all your help in the last year :) and to moms who have younger kids and/or kids who fight a lot -- it gets better :)
/hillary

malphy
06-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Awesome!

:yay:

Pepper
06-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for giving us the long view - hubby is away for a week, I'm nursing a Boston Terrier with a sprained shoulder, and DS1 is really acting up against DS2. Sigh...good to hear that there's light at the end of the tunnel!

MolieMuts
06-29-2010, 06:34 PM
That is good to hear! I am exhausted keeping up with my toddler and my "big" boy.

misshollygolightly
06-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Good to hear! Thanks for the update, and for the encouragement :bighand:

Smillow
06-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Thank you for the encouragement. I have a 16 month old who has only slept through the night a handful of times & I feel like everyone expects me to have it all together & I so don't!

elephantmeg
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
I was thinking the same thing recently. While life is still hard with 2 kids 2 and 4 is sooo much better than anything since DS was 1ish, lol!

carolinamama
06-29-2010, 08:55 PM
It is so true that the first 2 years are survival mode. It's so hard - I feel like we are just now coming out of it with DS2 although I still don't have my stuff together on most days. So helpful to hear others speak the truth.

And I hear you on the sleep - I am a MUCH better mother (and person) when I get enough sleep.

kerridean
06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Yep...mine are 6 and 4 (almost 7 and 5) and it is SO SO SO much easier now. I am so thankful because my DH is deployed. Even one year ago...they were so much more challenging. I am really enjoying them now. They were such DIFFICULT babies (both had colic) and toddlers (severe tantrums, bad sleepers).

I am finally enjoying motherhood!

CONGRATULATIONS!

WatchingThemGrow
06-29-2010, 10:35 PM
One more year! One more year! Thanks for the encouraging words from the other (brighter) end of the tunnel!

ncat
06-29-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm so happy to hear this! My 19 month old, and his older sister, are wearing me out.

jenfromnj
06-30-2010, 12:23 AM
That's such a good feeling, I'm envious :). Truly though, it's so nice to know there might be a light at the end of the tunnel! DS is a monumentally bad sleeper and just generally a handful and, though I love him dearly, there are days when I dearly hope things get easier at some point.