PDA

View Full Version : Kyron

hillview
06-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Some of you were following the Kyron story. Well his father has filed for divorce from the step mom and got a restraining order against her to keep her from their 18 month old. I am guessing they might arrest her soon -- total guess but a restraining order seems like a good predictor. SIGH. BAD NEWS.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/judge_seals_restraining_order.html

http://www.kptv.com/news/24083257/detail.html

/hillary

swrc00
06-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the update. It is such a sad story.

TwinFoxes
06-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh no. I haven't followed this closely, what is the theory about whhat happened? I thought she was the loving step-mom? Sigh.

gatorsmom
06-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh my God. I can't bring myself to read the links. Thank you for the update. That poor sweet little boy.

ShanaMama
06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
This news makes me feel sick all over again. This is going to sound horrible but I was finally able to move him away from the front of my mind. I was literally googling for updates every night. The hope that he's alive & well somewhere is pretty much gone, right?

purpleeyes
06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh my God. I can't bring myself to read the links. Thank you for the update. That poor sweet little boy.

Totally. Thanks for posting.

MMEand1
06-30-2010, 12:12 AM
I have been semi-following this, but honestly, being a former peace officer, I can say that when there are issues involving children, marriages just don't stay together. Even when it has noting to do with a criminal case (i.e. child passes away from a medical condition), in a lot of cases, marriages just seem to dissolve.

I'm not saying I think that the step-mom had/did not have anything to do with Kyron, I just don't think that we can base anything on the fact that the dad wants a divorce.

gatorsmom
06-30-2010, 12:41 AM
I have been semi-following this, but honestly, being a former peace officer, I can say that when there are issues involving children, marriages just don't stay together. Even when it has noting to do with a criminal case (i.e. child passes away from a medical condition), in a lot of cases, marriages just seem to dissolve.

I'm not saying I think that the step-mom had/did not have anything to do with Kyron, I just don't think that we can base anything on the fact that the dad wants a divorce.

I still haven't read the links but it's not the divorce news that makes me think the stepmom had something to do with Kyron's disappearance. It is the restraining order. That seems suspicious..

hillview
06-30-2010, 08:22 AM
I agree I think that fact that they were able to get a NO VISITATION restraining order (she cannot see her daughter at all) is a sign of immediate threat. So either she is beside herself and talking about killing herself and others or they think she is capable of hurting her daughter for other reasons.

/hillary

Bens Momma
06-30-2010, 09:42 AM
I saw this on the news! SOOOOOO SAD and upsetting! My heart breaks for that infant, her other son, and for Kyron. It's nice to think that there will be a happy ending, but at the very least she could end the h@ll for the rest of the family and come clean about what happened! It's a shame to say that I always thought she looked awkward and unnatural compared to what you would think of someone in that situation...still hope Kyron is found!

Melaine
07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

Anyone heard about this?

zag95
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I agree I think that fact that they were able to get a NO VISITATION restraining order (she cannot see her daughter at all) is a sign of immediate threat. So either she is beside herself and talking about killing herself and others or they think she is capable of hurting her daughter for other reasons.

/hillary

The other interesting thing about the restraining order is that it is SEALED.

She has unsuccessfully taken 2 polygraphs- and her cell phone pings, did not match up to where she said she was. Unfortunately, cell phones don't lie, even if people do.

zag95
07-04-2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

Anyone heard about this?

WOW:47:This whole case is interesting to me, especially since I live in the Portland area. What has been fascinating is to watch her reactions when all of the parents made a statement to the media- birth mom is totally upset and looks at the camera- look at the body language of step-mom. She doesn't look at the camera, she doesn't appear upset- spooky. Also, in the days following- she had a facebook acct- and was posting all kinds of crap on it. I couldn't believe it! I mean, who has time to post that they are going to the gym soon, when they have a missing child?

hillview
07-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Ok this is just nuts whacko. Please let them find Kyron.
/hillary

Melaine
07-04-2010, 11:02 AM
This is starting to remind me of the Caylee Anthony case....just more and more lies as time goes on. I hope it has a happier outcome....

ShanaMama
07-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't know... I've been following this case & this article is just bizarre. "sources say". That's quite an allegation and it's not at all clear who came forward with this info. Other recent inconsistencies in the story are bio mom & dad pleading with Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators & then LE falling all over themselves to say she is indeed cooperating. Something went terribly wrong in this family, but if you read some comments on the various websites the step mom is tried, convicted & practically on death row. I don't believe she's completely innocent but LE are being super secretive with what ever info they have. The one comment I read that actually made a bit of Snead is that it almost sounds like there is an abductor who is dictating what info they can give out. If only that were true, and Kyron could still come home alive & well.
So strange and so sad.

Laurel
07-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I have heard from friends who live in the area, albeit thirdhand, that everyone at the school was aware that the parents were splitting up prior to the disappearance. The same person I spoke with knew about the restraining order the day before the media reported it, so I am guessing the info about the parent's marriage is also legit.

Like many here, I am following this story with a very heavy heart. :(