PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from visiting DH...

sariana
06-29-2010, 07:32 PM
...who has been deployed for six months. I just wanted to share what I think was a pretty amazing experience. He was part of a senior officers' convention in Norfolk, VA, with high-ranking members of the Pakistani military. Not only did he get to cavort with Brigadier Generals and Commodores in the Pakistani military, but so did I! Pretty interesting, IMO.

Almost every single one of them wanted to know when I was going to visit Pakistan, which actually strikes me as sad. They seemed totally unaware of how dangerous that could be for me and our children.

But they all were very nice, and I'm so glad to have the experience. And of course, it was great getting to see DH. But you guys don't need to hear any more about that....

Now DH is back in Pakistan, but he'll be home in August for R&R, so we're looking forward to that. This trip to VA was unexpected and kind of last minute, so we were lucky to be able to use frequent flyer miles so I could get out there to see him.

It was kind of ironic that this event was happening as the whole McChrystal debacle was going down. I'm not sure how that will impact the work DH is doing over there.

Melaine
06-29-2010, 08:06 PM
That's really cool....and so great that you got to see DH unexpectedly. Interesting that they are all expecting you to visit them in Pakistan....

carolinamama
06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
That's a neat experience. And probably wonderful to see your DH like that. P&PT for him and your family as he does his work in Pakistan.

DietCokeLover
06-29-2010, 09:13 PM
What a great blessing for you and DH to be able to see each other. Hopefully that surprise visit makes August not seem so very far away.

Thank you to your DH for serving our country.

swrc00
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
What an awesome experience! I am so glad you were able to spend some time with DH. I hope time flys while you wait for DH to return.