amldaley
06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
** Steve Carell confirms Office exit **
Actor Steve Carell confirms he will leave the US version of The Office at the
end of its 2010-2011 season.
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10446279.stm >

Melaine
06-29-2010, 08:00 PM
This last season of the Office has disappointed me (and we are big fans). I almost think it's better if they quit while they are ahead rather than continue.

TwinFoxes
06-29-2010, 09:11 PM
This last season of the Office has disappointed me (and we are big fans). I almost think it's better if they quit while they are ahead rather than continue.

Agree whole heartedly on all points. Hopefully they don't try to continue without him.

Kymberley
06-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm still bummed about Steve leaving. I guess it will be the end of the show. :(

vludmilla
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM

Oh no, no. I LOVE the Office. It is such a wonderful comedy. I neeeed it when I am having a stressful week at work....Boo hoo.

jenfromnj
06-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Agree whole heartedly on all points. Hopefully they don't try to continue without him.

I agree, too. They've already done so many, many more episodes than the original British version, it would be good if they could make a graceful exit before entirely jumping the shark.

swrc00
06-29-2010, 10:27 PM

Totally agree! When the take over happened, I stopped watching it.

Penny's Pappa
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM

ITA, although the episode where Pam gives birth was a laugh riot! But, yeah, I think they've gotten away from many of the things that gave the Office a winning formula. IMO, they've focused too much on making large story arcs; so much so that it feels less like an episodic sitcom and more like some serialized version of it.

Once Carell is gone, they should just end it. I like much of the rest of the cast, but Michael Scott is the common thread that holds them all together. It simply won't be "The Office" without the "World's Best Boss."