PDA

View Full Version : where to get autograph books

cchavez
06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
The last time we went....my mil made decorated cute scrap books she found in the dollar section at Target. They worked great and the kids have looked at them over and over so they are torn....Anyway, I don't have any idea as to what to use for our DL trip and don't have the time or energy to make anything.

bubbaray
06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
If you aren't going to make your own, I'd just buy them there. All the gift stores on site carry them, with matching pens.

egoldber
06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I usually make one, but on our most recent trip, I had no time, so we just bought one there. Otherwise in the past, I have used 8x8 cardstock and an 8x8 album.

cchavez
06-30-2010, 02:20 PM
how much do they cost there? Thanks

bubbaray
06-30-2010, 02:22 PM
IIRC, they vary in price. I seem to recall they are around $10. At DL at least. There may have been smaller ones that are more like journals for less, can't remember. But the true autograph books (with room for pictures and include a pen) are around $10 I think -- they are at all the gift shops and at many kiosks at DL. I would assume that its the same at WDW.

JTsMom
06-30-2010, 02:28 PM
If you don't want to do that, you could buy a blank spiral book at Michaels, and a pack of stickers, and let the kids decorate them on the way.

alien_host
06-30-2010, 06:13 PM
how much do they cost there? Thanks

The small book without photo sleeves is $6.95, I believe they had at least two with photo sleeves....princesses or fairies (same as WDW) were $10.95 - no pen is included though
found a link: http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSISearch?Searchstr=autograph+book&storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&categoryId=11776&langId=-1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=0&Nu=pProductID&Nr=OR%28pStoreID%3A10051%2CpStoreID%3A10601%2CpSto reID%3A10052%29&Ntk=All_Shopping&Ntt=autograph+book&selectedOption=All+of+Disney+Store&D=autograph+book&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Dr=OR%28pStoreID%3A10051%2CpStoreID%3A10601%2CpSto reID%3A10052%29&Dn=0&lid=search_submit&Search.x=55&Search.y=23

I prefer the sharpie (which is OK on the ones with a sleeve, b/c the photo will cover the area if it bleeds...and generally it does).

ETA: I see you are talking about DL. They have a 55th Anniversary Book in Red which is bigger than the $10.95 one above...maybe 5x7...it has sleeves for photos...it was $11.95 or 12.95 IIRC...

billysmommy
06-30-2010, 07:36 PM
I made ours last time and they came out really cute. The characters all loved having their own page and liked looking through to see who else was in there :)

I got the designs from the disboards and had them printed out through one of the online photo places that was having a sale ~ .05 each I think. Has to be matte finish so they can be written on. Then I bought a blank spiral notebook at AC Moore and pasted the prints on to the pages. Total cost was ~ $6.00/book.

I also did some Epcot passports ~ had the designs printed on matte photo paper and then I cut black cardstock to make pages, pasted the prints on to the pages and brought it to Office Depot to have the covers laminated and have it bound. These were ~$5.00.

I'll look for a pic when I get home.

geochick
07-01-2010, 10:59 AM
ETSY has some cute ones.

alien_host
07-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Disney Store online has free shipping right now FREESHIP

billysmommy
07-02-2010, 08:54 AM
These are the pics I used for the autograph book ~ I went through and picked the ones that the boys were most interested in and that we had character meals for. When I put them in the book, I grouped them by meal so we wouldn't have to be flipping all through the book to find them.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/donatalie/2010%20Autograph%20book/

And this is the Epcot journal I made, I only used 2 pages per country ~ the one that has the space for the stamp and the one that has the lines for the message from the castmember

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/donatalie/Passports/Passport%201/

alien_host
07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
billysmommy those are fun! Did you just use a sharpie for autographs? How did the Epcot passport work...do they have a stamp at each country...where do you find it? Did you say you printed on photo paper with a matte finish?

I was thinking that maybe I could print something like that and then put them in a photo album with sleeves...that way we could put them in any order we wanted....but I'm wondering about the autograph smudging....

not that we are even planning a trip right now!

billysmommy
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
billysmommy those are fun! Did you just use a sharpie for autographs? How did the Epcot passport work...do they have a stamp at each country...where do you find it? Did you say you printed on photo paper with a matte finish?

I was thinking that maybe I could print something like that and then put them in a photo album with sleeves...that way we could put them in any order we wanted....but I'm wondering about the autograph smudging....

not that we are even planning a trip right now!

We just used a Sharpie on them. It did take it a minute or so to dry so I if you do the album with sleeves, you'd have to wait a bit before putting them back in. I just put them in alphabetical order when I made it so it was easy to flip to each country. I downloaded each picture to our computer and then uploaded them to a photo site (I think it was snapfish that had the best sale when I ordered them) and had them printed on matte paper.

There is a Kidcot station in each country....the kids get a mask at the first one and each country has a stamp and a shaped cut-out that they tie onto the mask. The CM's there will answer questions about their country and teach them how to say a few words in their language. The boys love doing it but we didn't need another mask so we decided to do it this way the last time. We still have a few more countries to get when we go in Jan since last trip was a short trip.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/entertainment/kidcot-fun-stops/

alien_host
07-02-2010, 03:33 PM
We were very unprepared when we were at Epcot and missed the Kidcot thing...so the stamps will stay on the matte photo paper? When I get "matte" (vs glossy) finish photos at Costco they paper is still pretty slick...I'll have to try the sharpie on one of the "index" ones they send and see how it dries.

I have bought Matte paper for home printing and that is more like actual paper. I wonder if that would be better?

Thanks!

billysmommy
07-02-2010, 04:47 PM
We were very unprepared when we were at Epcot and missed the Kidcot thing...so the stamps will stay on the matte photo paper? When I get "matte" (vs glossy) finish photos at Costco they paper is still pretty slick...I'll have to try the sharpie on one of the "index" ones they send and see how it dries.

I have bought Matte paper for home printing and that is more like actual paper. I wonder if that would be better?

Thanks!

The CM's were very careful when stamping the paper so as not to smudge it and then it took a couple minutes to dry. It still looks fine now.

The matte finish is still kind of slick but we had no problems with it as long as we let it dry. The way we did the books we just kept that page open for a few minutes and then closed it.

The matte paper for home is more like paper but I didn't want to put the wear and tear on our printer and buy all the ink to make all the copies for 2 autograph books and 2 passports. I just shopped around to see who had the best prices for prints and it ended up being much cheaper than doing it myself.