PDA

View Full Version : Tell me the hardest thing you did today...

WatchingThemGrow
06-30-2010, 06:32 PM
I just need some perspective. I feel like every single day is hard here, and I want confirm that my life is really pretty good and easy with lots of blessings.

Share what's difficult for you, pretty please, and if you'd like to ask for some P&PT in here, feel free.

BabyMine
06-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Came home from karate with both DC and they are both cranky and start throwing fits as soon as we get in the door. Both are screaming and M is whining and screaming. TT would cry and scream when I wouldn't pay attention to him. Plus I have a headache.

hillview
06-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Hard "highlights" of my day:
up at 5:50 -- with both boys
2 horrible calls at work -- one with a nasty boss who is just mean
Pulled DS2 off of DS1 (hitting!) more than 3 times -- comforted DS1 sigh
DH was 1 hr late home so made dinner and fed kids while on a phone call and doing a report that was due
Listened to my parents fight in front of the kids (who they are supposed to watch)

That said, all in all it was an easier day than normal.
/hillary

sunnyside
06-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Hardest part of the day today = Hanging up the phone after talking to my DBF who is in South Africa working and will miss the birth of our child.

My life isn't too hard, but definitely does have it's challenges.

Green_Tea
06-30-2010, 06:57 PM
It was very hard for me to keep from strangling my almost 4 year old after he dumped an entire bottle of water into the center console of my minivan. It was especially hard because this is not the first time he's done it, and he's been told repeated NOT to dump water ANYWHERE. He has extremely poor impulse control and sometimes it is all I can do not to list him on ebay and/or Craig's List. Lucky for him my impulse control is better developed.

zoestargrove
06-30-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry your dbf won't be home in time for the birth. How much longer is he going to be away. Perhaps this little baby will be able to wait it out?

g-mama
06-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Trying to get my kids out of the pool to go home when they didn't want to. 6 year old kept going underwater every time I tried to talk to him, 4 yo ran away from me and then once I finally got him dressed, I turned around and he'd pulled off all his clothes again. Then the ice cream truck pulls up and all three begin begging for ice cream and throwing fits that I am "so mean!" and never buy them ice cream.

Dh is working late for the third night in a row and will not be home before the kids go to bed at 9pm. Good thing there's a nice bottle of wine waiting for me in the fridge. It's time to go open it now.

LarsMal
06-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Hmmm...read my Target post in the BP!

- Getting 3 kids and myself ready for 3 ped appointments, which was supposed to be one for DS, but the girls are sick now, too, so I took all 3 in to be seen.
- Dealing with 3 kids in a small ped room waiting for the NP.
- Having DS's diagnosis changed from bronchitis to walking pneumonia, treating him with all his meds and wrestling C with a neb treatment.
-The Target fiasco!
- Breaking up fights, more fights than I can count, and finally resorting to telling M to hit/pinch/poke L every time he does it to her. I know, NOT good parenting, but I'm so sick of him hurting her that I finally told her just to do it back to him. She doesn't want to- actually cried when I told her to hit him back, "NOOO! I don't want to hit him!" Makes me even more mad at DS- so *I* did it (not hard, just a smack on the arm like he did to her). I am at the end of my rope and don't know what else to do. It seemed to work- for now!
- Exhausted, beyond done with my kids, feeling cooped up in our house with all the sickness going on, and still waiting for DH to get home.

Nothing horrible or really hard, just an all around craptastic day!

LarsMal
06-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Dh is working late for the third night in a row and will not be home before the kids go to bed at 9pm. Good thing there's a nice bottle of wine waiting for me in the fridge. It's time to go open it now.

I'm coming over!!!

sunnyside
06-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry your dbf won't be home in time for the birth. How much longer is he going to be away. Perhaps this little baby will be able to wait it out?

Awww thank you. I'd have to get to 42 weeks 0 days by what I Think my due date is, but my OB says my due date was June 28th, so according to him I'd be 42 weeks 5 days. :)

I think she'll be here before then. It's ok, he has to leave a few weeks after that for another 6 weeks, but after that he'll be here with us. It could be much worse. I'm trying to count my blessings.

BillK
06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I tore our built in dishwasher out of the counter and fixed the broken string/spring/hinge thing so it didn't fly open and smash your knees anymore. :)

♥ms.pacman♥
06-30-2010, 07:26 PM
let's see the crazy highlights from today.

DS was up at 7a, then at 9 was fussing and tired so i took him on a 45 minute walk in humid 80degree weather to help him nap. he ended up falling asleep right away but then woke up right before we got home thanks to a few ppl near our house mowing their lawns. :banghead: so after we got home, while i was ready to collapse, he wanted to play. as a result of not getting to stretch after walking, my knee pain is worse

and since he has started solids already, the poop situation has gotten NASTY, to put it mildly. is almost completely solid and sticky and the worst part is DS is soo wriggly when i change him that his legs get in the mess and i have to give him a bath after dipe changes

oh and for his naptime i did CIO and let him scream his head off for 20 minutes. he did eventually fall asleep but awoke 20 minutes later crying. ARGH. it's past 6pm and so far he did not nap for more than 30 min at a time today. a tooth is coming out so that may be the reason..

oh and dh is out of town all week this week for work, so i have to handle everything here in the evenings too (cooking, laundry,baths etc). which is ok normally, i have no problem with it. though i get jealous sometimes of the free time he gets over there. tonight dh is going out to dinner with a friend. he gets to go out to a restaurant, then goes to his friends house for tea, etc and stays till 10 or 11pm. on a weekday. the rest of the week he just gets to sit in a quiet hotel room and watch TV and order room service. i'd love to have a week of evenings like that (where i get to sit in a quiet room to myself every evening and not have to worry about cooking, cleaning, poopy dipes, baby crying etc and i can take a shower whenever i want.)

my dh is super supportive and very helpful, and i love that i get to stay home with ds but somedays like today (when my DH is out of town, and DS is teething/fussing a lot), i get very frustrated being a sahm.

g-mama
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm coming over!!!

Come on over, girl!

MamaMolly
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Not a hard day but I'm still kind of embarrassed and ashamed.:bag I served DH Spam for dinner. He's a good guy, he made jokes and ate it. :heartbeat:

DD had 2 bowls of honey-and-Cheerios. She's just become aware of commercials and wants everything she sees (of course) and there was a Honey Nut Cheerio commercial. Yeah, with nuts. So I did the next best thing and made her a bowl of allergy friendly Cheerios with honey drizzled over the top. She inhaled it and about a half an hour later asked for a second bowl.

If she asks for another I'll give it to her. When did I become *that* mom?

WolfpackMom
06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
I work in AR, today is the last day of the month. That means I have worked about 40 hrs in the past 3 days. I also have a sinus infection I think or just a terrible cold, so I got to work my butt off all day, while sick, while caring for DS who is also sick and teething. Sick, teething baby means - fussing all day and not napping. I swear the longest he went without fussing was 20 minutes. He took 3 "naps," 10 mins, 20 mins, and 35 mins. Baby wont stay latched on nursing because he is stuffy and is flailing while I am on a conference call trying to cover up the fact that yes, I do have a baby at home with me while I work, despite working 50-60 hr work weeks I can't afford daycare every day. I feel like I have all of the responsibilites of a SAHM and WAHM at the same time, cause I do.

I did all of this on about 4 hrs of sleep because I spent last night working until 10 then cleaning up every possible type of clothing DH could leave on the floor within 5 ft of the hamper, eating crackers for dinner, and trying to clean up the litter box, do laundry, and clean the floors so my house didnt look like a total cesspool. Then getting to bed to have to get up every 2 hrs, which meant feeding and then spending 45 minutes to get back to sleep because I couldnt breathe through my nose.

WAHHHH I guess that should have just been a BP, but it could always, always be worse. Just a rough day...

kijip
06-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Woke up at 5AM and went to bootcamp in the drizzle.

I don't have a very hard life. I was fighting with my husband over something petty that seemed super serious and important in the moment. Then I picked up one of T's friends to go to a movie. He is 8 and living in a laundry room with his mom. Nothing I do seems hard compared to that- not work, not firing someone (that was hard), not parenting, not taking care of my parents etc.

PunkyBoo
06-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Got up the nerve to call my old boss for career advice and actually told him about our depressing career/financial situation.

AND I actually was able to summarize my job experience well enough to fit into those stinking little tiny boxes on a job application. If only I could figure out how to turn in the application before the holiday weekend when they're closed Friday and I'm already totally busy tomorrow and I don't really want to turn it in with 2 kids hanging on me...

lmwbasye
06-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Spent A LOT of time trying to get more information on the rest of our stuff. We just moved and they underestimated the amount of stuff that we had so had to put it on a second truck...and now...missing. We call daily and get a new story every day. Then trying to get fire alarms (yes, we have none) put in the rental while we deal with squirrels, scorpions, and a huge sewage backup in the master. Oh, and we've been here a week and a half.

Everyone has their challenges. Just keep telling yourself, this too shall pass.

HUGS!

Reyadawnbringer
06-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Acted like my life wasn't falling apart despite my best efforts when my boss pulled me into her office and gave me notice of layoff. Then continuing to work the whole rest of the day while trying my hardest not to cry. Oh yea, and not having a breakdown when I think of the fact that DS has had a double sinus infection since before easter which has caused 5 simultaneous bouts of pink eye and ear infection, one case of pneumonia, a nasty bout of diarrhea and yeast rash, a diagnoses of asthma and a referral to the ENT...

This year went down hill quick and we are only half way through...

gatorsmom
06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
The hardest thing I had to do today was get up at 7:30am after I had gone to bed only at 4:30am. I was up late baking and cooking preparing for our ILs to visit. It also nearly killed me not to be able to sit down and rest. I'm just beat and am so ready for bed. Have been all day.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
My algebra final tonight will be!

citymama
06-30-2010, 08:13 PM
today has been a good day. hardest thing is constantly carrying dd2 who doesnt want to be put down EVER and howls and screams if put down. my back is killing me.

yesterday was harder. heard that my former boss and mentor has a termiinal form of cancer and weeks to live. in general, i am a little sad to be back at work part-time so soon this time (but grateful that i am going to be pt for at least the next year and not ft, and that dh is pt as well).

wtg, i am sorry things are hard for you these days. sending hugs to you and your 3 little blessings! and let us know if we can be of any help ever.:hug:

mishakamishka, sorry your dbf will miss this momentous and joyous event but glad you have family and doula to support you. hope he will get extra special times with you and the baby when he gets back. all the best with the birth and keep us posted!

malphy
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
get out of bed

egoldber
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Two hours in stop and go traffic to get home. One hour of which was to go about 2 miles. I thought my head was going to explode. :31:

And just for you MamaMolly :42:

g-mama
06-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Then I picked up one of T's friends to go to a movie. He is 8 and living in a laundry room with his mom. Nothing I do seems hard compared to that- not work, not firing someone (that was hard), not parenting, not taking care of my parents etc.

To clarify, I would not ever hold a pity party for myself about struggling to get my children to leave the pool. I answered the OP's question, but would I ever dream of complaining to my dh about how my day was so tough because I had a hard time getting the kids out of the pool? Never....because I was AT THE POOL! :ROTFLMAO: It's all about perspective.

DietCokeLover
06-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Waking up at 2:30 am for the 42nd day in a row because for some reason DS has set his internal clock to this time. (Yes, I'm counting).

boolady
06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Working all day, then going to a meeting where 31 attorneys argued for 3 hours about a proposed contract with absolutely no result while wishing I was home with my daughter.

JMS
06-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Trying to get my kids out of the pool to go home when they didn't want to. 6 year old kept going underwater every time I tried to talk to him, 4 yo ran away from me and then once I finally got him dressed, I turned around and he'd pulled off all his clothes again. Then the ice cream truck pulls up and all three begin begging for ice cream and throwing fits that I am "so mean!" and never buy them ice cream.

WOW! I had the EXACT same day... down to the wine which I am drinking right now :)

daisymommy
06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Went to bed at 11pm. last night after doing housework. Woke up 2 times during the night to nurse and pace the floor with Andrew who is teething. Then got up for the day at 5am. when Hannah woke up and didn't want to go back to bed...and she woke up Andrew with her fussing. We go downstairs, and Joshua wakes up too. So after 4 hrs. sleep I have all three kids awake.

DH then goes to work for the day, and I am left to go grocery shopping with all 3 kids in tow. One of whom is strapped to my chest and won't stop fussing, one of whom has ADHD and is darting around the store, and Hannah who keeps hanging off the side of the cart, and I have to keep hollering at her to stop before it tips over.

Come home, take care of chores, kids, lunches, baths, etc. Kids play in the water and mud outside, and proceed to track it through the house, over the rug in the living room. "oops, sorry mommy"

Make dinner while Andrew is rolling around on the floor crying to be held. Dh won't be home until 7:30 pm. I put the older kids to bed while holding baby on my hip. Then proceed to try to get him to sleep 4 times. He finally just fell asleep 5 minutes ago, at 9:30 pm. There are dirty dishes all over the kitchen still. And my breast hurts because I'm getting mastitis. I will go to bed in an hour, and the fun will start all over again.

newg
06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
yesterday was a worse day for me than today.........I started the day with a shot in the butt...something I've done every Tuesday since week 16, I pray that this DD will not come early; all I want is to make it to week 38. I tested my blood sugar 15+ times to try a keep my blood sugars under control....which didn't work to well as I had some highs (over 200) and some lows (32)...I'm suppose to stay between 80-120 all day long.

Our dog that likes to eat poop came in and threw up poop all over the kitchen floor, luckily DD didn't notice.
But she threw her fair share of food and tantrums throughout the day as I tried to wrestle her upstairs, into clean diapers, into the highchair, and she likes to try and kick my very large 32 week belly when she's mad.........

And I think my Braxton Hicks started too........so now my anxiety about preterm labor has increased as I try to calmly keep aware of the "fake" contractions.......

Luckily, today was a better day for me...........

Momof3Labs
06-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Watch my 7yo interact today with my mom for the first time after he found out that she has cancer.

Tomorrow is her double lumpectomy - please pray that those lymph nodes are clear and that they are able to get clean margins in the breast tissue!!

arivecchi
06-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I've been up since 2am because I had so much work to do and because I have trouble sleeping. We have a lot of stressors in our life right now so I just try to get by day by day.

Hugs to you WTG. Hope all is well with you.

bubbaray
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Said goodbye to DD#2's fave daycare teacher (leaving on a mission to Africa). Watched DD#2 not really "get it".

Watched DD#1 not really "get it" either that she won't be seeing most of her school friends until September, nor her daycare teachers.

All of which pales to kids sleeping in laundry rooms and dealing with cancer. Hugs all around.

c&j04
06-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Watch my 7yo interact today with my mom for the first time after he found out that she has cancer.

Tomorrow is her double lumpectomy - please pray that those lymph nodes are clear and that they are able to get clean margins in the breast tissue!!
P&PT..continuing through the day tomorrow!!!!
My hardest thing today seems much smaller now.
Had my 6wk visit today (at 9 wks) and I am officially done pumping. Another "hope" for my baby days down the drain. DS is doing great, this is the best decision for our little family right now but I'm still sad.

misshollygolightly
06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
P&PT..continuing through the day tomorrow!!!!
My hardest thing today seems much smaller now.

Too J to his not-so-well-child visit today (he has a sinus thing and hives), all while putting on a happy face b/c I felt terrible. Suffered through lunch and put him down for a nap. Took my temp and registered at 103.1! Tried to "wait it out" but the shivers and sweats were too much so I called DH to come home so I could go to the clinic. Then waited at CVS for an eon for them to fill my scripts. Then came home. Only to find out that J had, in the meantime, also developed a fever and was shivering. Called pediatrician who said to give him tylenol and watch him a bit. Ugh. I feel like someone in my house (mostly me) has been sick for at least the past 4+ weeks (see my BP thread for how that interfered with my work, our 5 yr anniversary trip, my parents' visit, etc.). And wouldn't you know, I"ll have to cancel my massage appointment that's scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I can't get a break here! Though, on reflection, I must admit that even my list of woes is nothing compared to the long-term difficulties many others are working through. :hug: to you all, but only the virtual kind as I wouldn't want to share our germs with you!

Twoboos
06-30-2010, 10:15 PM

:grouphug: P&PT for your mom, you, and your family. The balancing act between kids/sick parents is so stressful.

ltmommy
06-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Called my children twice today but they were too distracted to talk to me much. They are on vacation with their father. We have been separating since last summer. This is their first vacation without me. The first time in 12 years I haven't gone to the beach with his family.

The first part of the week was great, I shopped, went out with friends, took naps. Was free in a way I haven't been in 6 years. Now we are on day 5 and I really, really miss them. It is not natural to go this long without seeing your babies.

Now I am going to bed so I can wake up and have only 2 1/2 more days until I see them again.

bubbaray
06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Can I take my vote back?

The hardest thing I did today was talk to the staff member from the gym who was calling to refund me next sessions's fee for yoga. She was balling. See my other thread updating on my yoga teacher's stage 4 lung cancer.... She is such a wonderful person, even random staff members are shaken up. :(

crl
06-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Staying awake is the hardest thing I did all day. DD must be going through a growth spurt. All she wants to do is eat. And not sleep. At all.

Oh, and, ds, who is adopted, watched part of Up yesterday and was crying again this morning because they wanted a baby and the doctor said no. Who knew he would be so bothered by that?

You actually caught me on a pretty good day though.

Hugs,
Catherine

MissyAg94
06-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I started the search for a new home for my late sister's dog. My mom cannot care for her properly and we rent and can't have pets. It made me miss my sister and my dad so much that I could physically feel the pain.

n2ou
06-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Running behind a 5-year old with tummy troubles and diarrhea, wiping issues (ouch) and underwear changes.

DS quote: I am not a professional wiper!

MissyAg94
06-30-2010, 11:15 PM
DS quote: I am not a professional wiper!
That is great!

SnuggleBuggles
06-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Cleaned up ds2's poop from the deck of the swimming pool today. He was just standing a few feet from the pool (public) and pooped. Stupid poop when he is at the pool is all liquidy and like pee the liquid passes through and the solid bits stay in the diaper. And I mean bits- I can see every little bit of food he ate. Gross little puddle.

Beth

american_mama
06-30-2010, 11:38 PM
>>> I tore our built in dishwasher out of the counter and fixed the broken string/spring/hinge thing so it didn't fly open and smash your knees anymore.

Funny, my husband just did that repair about 2-3 months ago! I didn't think a broken spring thing was a common problem.

tmahanes
07-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Watched my MIL pout and leave DH's birthday dinner early because she found out BIL had lied to her about something. Seriously.... we weren't even all finished eating and she made FIL take her home. I mean she couldn't have waited to throw a tantrum until DH evening was over?!?!?!?!?!?! Then we had to listen to them yell at BILs once we got home. And then she freaked out because FIL told her that she had to listen if she asked a question and not interrupt. Soooooooooo she left and has yet to return. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DH! Poor guy.

Don't you want to live with your ILs?!?! :hysterical:

firsttimemama
07-01-2010, 12:41 AM
thought about how the early intervention people will probably tell me my son is autistic tomorrow afternoon

happymom
07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
thought about how the early intervention people will probably tell me my son is autistic tomorrow afternoon

I'm so sorry. :hug:

kijip
07-01-2010, 12:45 AM
To clarify, I would not ever hold a pity party for myself about struggling to get my children to leave the pool. I answered the OP's question, but would I ever dream of complaining to my dh about how my day was so tough because I had a hard time getting the kids out of the pool? Never....because I was AT THE POOL! :ROTFLMAO: It's all about perspective.

I don't think this thread is a pity party at all. And I need 2 margaritas just for every time I convince my son to shower after the pool, so frankly leaving the pool is one of the harder things I have to do, LOL.

Interesting topic, good thread. :)

zoestargrove
07-01-2010, 07:27 AM
I started the search for a new home for my late sister's dog. My mom cannot care for her properly and we rent and can't have pets. It made me miss my sister and my dad so much that I could physically feel the pain.

I'm sorry about your sister. ((hugs))

Elilly
07-01-2010, 08:26 AM
This is my yesterday..... I got up at 2 AM to go to work. Came home at 11 AM, gave DD her nebulizer treatment and her orapred since she is having such a hard time with her asthma and vomiting up to 8 times per day due to such strenuous coughing. Gave DS his subcutaneous infusion for his immune deficiency which was a bunch of crying and pain on his part and eventually mine for not being able to make it better. Baked bread, cookies, and made pancakes (DS has autism, food allergies, and a metabolic disorder). Made everyone italian beef for dinner (yummy!) and went back to work at my 2nd job at 6:30 PM after DH got home. Worked until 10:30. I am exhausted beyond belief, don't have enough food made to feed DS, and am working this weekend too. Ugh.

Elilly
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM

Some time a diagnosis opens doors. Try not to think of it in such a bad light. You will be able to help him even more with a "label". The label doesn't change or redefine your relationship with your son.

Gracemom
07-01-2010, 08:32 AM
It was very hard for me to keep from strangling my almost 4 year old after he dumped an entire bottle of water into the center console of my minivan. It was especially hard because this is not the first time he's done it, and he's been told repeated NOT to dump water ANYWHERE. He has extremely poor impulse control and sometimes it is all I can do not to list him on ebay and/or Craig's List. Lucky for him my impulse control is better developed.

LOL! We must have the same son!

Elilly
07-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Acted like my life wasn't falling apart despite my best efforts when my boss pulled me into her office and gave me notice of layoff. Then continuing to work the whole rest of the day while trying my hardest not to cry. Oh yea, and not having a breakdown when I think of the fact that DS has had a double sinus infection since before easter which has caused 5 simultaneous bouts of pink eye and ear infection, one case of pneumonia, a nasty bout of diarrhea and yeast rash, a diagnoses of asthma and a referral to the ENT...

This year went down hill quick and we are only half way through...

Just curious if you've taken your son to see an immunologist?

kbud
07-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Taking care of my dad as he looses his 16 year battle with Leukemia. He's in his final days/hours. At the same time I'm trying to care for my 2.5 year old and 6 year old while we are staying at my parents house. Surprisingly I'm very much at peace and am very calm. Watching a loved one die though is the hardest thing I've done in my life, not to mention my day.

maestramommy
07-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I can't really think of anything that I've done in the last week that was so hard. And that is what's difficult sometimes. My life as it is, is pretty darned good. Unfortunately there are days where mentally/emotionally I'm not in the place to fully appreciate that, and those days feel terribly long. However, there are always plenty of things happening "in the world" both far and near, that quickly remind me of how lucky I am, that I in fact, have no problems.

Don't know if that really answers your question. Hopefully the days will get easier for you:hug5:
ETA: went back and read the other responses. :hysterical: G-mama's had me both laughing and shaking in my shoes. Because that's where my kids are headed. There are days when I really want a shot of the hard stuff. Instead, because I'm trying to lose weight, I console myself with another cup of black coffee.

catpagmo
07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Found out that my 37 yr old brother has a 5% chance of surviving the illness he has been fighting for the last 4 years.

WatchingThemGrow
07-01-2010, 01:49 PM
:grouphug: Wow, you guys are all dealing with a lot of stuff that's emotionally challenging. My stuff is for the most part just logistical challenges, so thank you for helping me put it in perspective. My life is great and right *now* everyone in our family is doing fine. We have 7 aging parents, but they're all okay. 3 rambunctious DC who I believe to be both smarter and more full of energy than us. DH has a job - we have a house - we're both ok with being (almost) 40 :loveeyes:.

The hard things here are just silly, and I'll find a way to cope, eventually. It's stuff like... DS1's LOVE for playing in the sink, being newly PTed, and grabbing a scrub brush, dipping it in the toilet DD forgot to flush and trying to scrub DS2's hair while I'm trying to get all the peas and grilled cheese and cantaloupe off the dining room floor. We have baby gates, but DD goes through them and leaves them open. Then when DD decides to go #2, DS1 decides to also. So...we'll have either 2 people in one bathroom going (on a Bjorn potty also) or 2 people in different bathrooms, where DS2 has to be gated away from - but he climbs to the top of the couch or to the top of the Stokke chairs - and can't get down w/o falling. And toys - there are toys everywhere - but there are DC everywhere so we need them. If we take away some of the toys, they go nuts turning knobs on the stereo, biting the cell phone plugs, digging in drawers, etc. Going outside is challenging b/c of sunscreen, shoes, hats, waters, snacks, etc., then DS2 is still a crawler - so I feel badly just putting him in a containment device to keep him from eating the rubber mulch, the sticks, leaves, sand, etc. Preparing meals is challenging as we have like 1 3' section of countertop available right now, plus all the people who can reach the stovetop, need to have their pants pulled up, need to have the nebulizer or reflux meds or whatever. I can't open the refrigerator door without 2 people sliding in to grab at stuff. It's just really, really busy and I need 3 more arms. The *only* way I can sit down and breathe during the day is to turn on Curious George for the older 2 and let the baby crawl around the living room while I sit on the couch with the laptop. If I answer the phone during the day or especially during that scenario, everything will erupt. They just all start screaming and hitting and have runny noses and somebody will have to go to the bathroom, which will lead to the whole open-gate - baby goes to the toilet thing. I won't even go into how it works when we have to leave the house. Or if I *have* to run an errand with them, you might as well count on chaos and tears.

In general, I love my little life. Thanks for helping me put it into perspective. I just need a vacation or a few hours away.

MissyAg94
07-01-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry about your sister. ((hugs))
Thank you so much.

WatchingThemGrow
07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Called my children twice today but they were too distracted to talk to me much. They are on vacation with their father. We have been separating since last summer. This is their first vacation without me. The first time in 12 years I haven't gone to the beach with his family.

Somehow I missed that you were going through this. I'm so sorry! :(

MamaSnoo
07-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Made the first call to start therapy. Hard. But the right thing to do.

Twoboos
07-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I didn't really have anything hard to deal with yesterday.

But I just got done comforting my 4.75yo who was crying and completely distraught that she couldn't give Mimi (my mom, who passed away in 2008) a hug.

Very hard to keep it together for that out-of-left-field incident.

SnuggleBuggles
07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Yesterday was easy and I should have said so. Yesterday, was in fact, the easiest day I have had in ages. Ds2 decided to make up for that today. Mainly just an issue of his constant running away at the museum today (constant!!). Then the tantrum when it was time to go. I had 0 patience for it.

Twoboos- I am sorry. :( That had to be hard.

Beth

sunnyside
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
today has been a good day. hardest thing is constantly carrying dd2 who doesnt want to be put down EVER and howls and screams if put down. my back is killing me.

yesterday was harder. heard that my former boss and mentor has a termiinal form of cancer and weeks to live. in general, i am a little sad to be back at work part-time so soon this time (but grateful that i am going to be pt for at least the next year and not ft, and that dh is pt as well).

wtg, i am sorry things are hard for you these days. sending hugs to you and your 3 little blessings! and let us know if we can be of any help ever.:hug:

mishakamishka, sorry your dbf will miss this momentous and joyous event but glad you have family and doula to support you. hope he will get extra special times with you and the baby when he gets back. all the best with the birth and keep us posted!

Thanks CityMama!

Reyadawnbringer
07-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Just curious if you've taken your son to see an immunologist?

Not yet... We just barely got a referral to an ENT (finally)...

Elilly
07-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Not yet... We just barely got a referral to an ENT (finally)...
Hopefully they will shine some light on the issue. If not, here's hoping you can get an immunology consult sooner than later!

peanut520
07-01-2010, 10:58 PM
smash cut open my ankle with the luggage as we checked in our flights back home. get to the gate to find out that our direct flight has to make a refueling stop, and i only brought enough milk to keep dd happy for one take off and landing. delayed at the gate because of mechanical issues and dd sucks down both bottles of milk. now we are on a flight that will take 6.5 hours instead of 5 hours and no dinner for the kiddo when she wakes. the last 1.5 hrs were fabulous, i think i have lost hearing in my right ear from the crying... both hers and mine (felt like a horrible mom not packing extra)

sariana
07-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Told my sister she could stay with us for a few days after she leaves her husband, in a foreign country. He has chosen alcohol over her, and she fears for her safety. :(

A few days ago I said goodbye to my own husband for another stretch as he returned to Pakistan. We got to see each other unexpectedly when he returned to the States for a special program. Seeing him was not as great as it should have been, but having to say goodbye again was hard. We had not been together for six months, which is the longest we had ever been apart, even when he was active duty. (He was a Reservist who was recalled last summer and is in the middle of a year-long deployment right now.)