PDA

View Full Version : We're getting a Nordstrom Rack. What to expect?

WatchingThemGrow
06-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Apparently there was a suspected bomb on the interstate and Nordstrom Rack had to be evacuated today... WHAT? A Nordstrom Rack?? I know my priorities are off, but what will I find there when in opens in September?

HIU8
06-30-2010, 09:37 PM
SHOES--they bring their unsold kids shoes in. all the brands. They are only in medium though (no narrow and no wides). I have found Geox sneakers for DS there for under $20 and sketchers for $16. I saw some Umi the last time we were there. I have bought some clothing there, but not recently as the one near me seems to still have some fairly high prices for children's clothing.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
i looove Nordstrom Rack!!

what i think of it as, it's like a Ross or Marshalls but with mostly high-end, designer stuff. And the prices aren't *that* bad.

They have a ton of designer jeans (7 for all Mankind, Joe's Jeans, etc), dresses, etc. designer jeans that are normally $200 u can find for $90

at my local one they even had baby stuff (rattles etc).not designer or anything, just marked down toys

oh and they have lots of sunglasses..Coach, D&G, Ralph Lauren, etc. i saw a pair of D&G sunglasses there for $60!

they have purses too..i almost walked out with a TokiDoki bag once..so cute.

the only bad thing is they don't have maternity stuff. they say they have it online though, just not in store.

WolfpackMom
06-30-2010, 09:51 PM
My mom spent 3 hrs getting home from my house today because of that suspected bomb! :0 but I dunno about the rack besides shoes, and I love shoes so Im looking forward to the store opening!

dcmom2b3
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
The Rack in late January/early February has all of the failed-to-sell stuff from Nordstrom stores. All of my best designer scores at the Rack were during that time. Love it, wish I could get there more often.

mom2binsd
06-30-2010, 10:14 PM
I found that sometimes the checkout lines are insane (the one in Mission Valley in San Diego was crazy!), and the stores can be very unorganized. I agree the shoes are the best bargains, I found the women's clothing was a pain to go through.

rlu
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Shoes (me and DH) and bras. Never looked for DS though as we have more affordable choices for him. I agree about the lines and have found the women's clothes too disorganized to quickly peruse.

MelissaTC
06-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Guess we live in the same neck of the woods. Luckily DH doesn't have to take 40 home.

They have been talking about this store for awhile now. I can't wait!!

To find out the buzz, peruse the citydata board for the area. I find out all kinds of stuff from there.

Karenn
06-30-2010, 11:47 PM
One thing I've noticed at Nordstrom Rack stores is that not all of their merchandise comes from Nordstrom. A lot of their stuff does come from their stores, but it looks like they buy a lot of other stuff (like you might find at Marshall's or TJMaxx) to fill their stores.

I buy a lot of the kids' shoes there. I've found other stuff too, but shoes are what I buy most. It's funny, but I've found *mostly* narrow and wide shoe sizes at the Rack- some medium sizes too, but a lot of narrow and wide.

dhano923
07-01-2010, 01:19 AM
I LOVE Nordstrom Rack. Their merchandise changes constantly, so if there's something you like, buy it because it may not be there in 2 days. The stuff is old season/overstock/returns from the regular Nordstrom stores. Kids shoes are great, as is everything else! I go there about 1-2x a month. Prices are like good Nordstrom sale prices and they have the occasionally awesome deal, like the $350 cocktail dress my SIL found for $9.

klwa
07-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Can't answer your question, but I was so glad we live on the other side of the triangle yesterday!

HIU8
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Ok, I want to shop at your Rack. DD takes a wide or XW. They NEVER had shoes for her (their buyer/manager told me they only get the mediums in). Plus, it would be nice if I could find some innexpensive shoes for myself in a narrow.

pastrygirl
07-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Shoes, bags, and wallets! I also managed to find THREE pairs of jeans the first time I went after it opened, without trying them on... and they fit perfectly!! I haven't been successful finding clothing there since, though. For me, anyway. For the kids, it's great!

Momit
07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Yes - the shoes. So much better selection than TJMaxx and Marshalls, and good prices too. The clearance racks have some great clothing deals. Happy shopping to you!

WatchingThemGrow
07-01-2010, 10:40 AM
This sounds like one of those places I'll feel compelled to visit whenever I find myself in the area with 0-1 child and I'm feeling skinny AND have some $$ to blow. Hope I get to go someday!

kijip
07-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Shoes for all of us and pricey jeans for cheap for my husband.

and designer dresses/suits (if you go to the big one near the Nordstrom's in the right time of year). No luck at the smaller ones farther from downtown for really nice non-shoe things.

WatchingThemGrow
07-01-2010, 10:57 AM
and designer dresses/suits (if you go to the big one near the Nordstrom's in the right time of year). No luck at the smaller ones farther from downtown for really nice non-shoe things.
Yeah, that's what I think is weird - you could almost launch a stomp rocket in the Rack parking lot and watch it land in the regular Nordy parking lot. High hopes here!!

carolinamama
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Oooooh, good news for our area! Makes me excited to shop there.

And scary that we had that bomb threat. Good thing it turned out to be nothing and DH doesn't have to take 40 to get home or it would have been a long ride home for him.

maybeebaby08
07-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Shoes for DD (SR usually around 12-15) Sometimes they have Lelli Kelly's and Polliwalks too. I buy my Haviannas there for $10-12 too. I've always found some good buys on the kids clearance racks, like Pumpkin Patch and Juicy.

At ours they have a calendar right when you walk in the store that says when they're getting new shipments and I've found if I go the day they have the shipments or the day after, they are really well stocked.

jk3
07-06-2010, 02:16 PM
The shoe selection for kids is decent. Our store is not too impressive. The merchandise tends to stick around for a LONG time.

WatchingThemGrow
08-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Just fishing for any more tips...grand opening is next Thursday!!!!!!!

carolinamama
08-27-2010, 04:36 PM
OOOOOHHHH! Are you going? I think you are in my neck of the woods so that means Nordstrom Rack for me too. Yay! Gotta read the tips.