PDA

View Full Version : Something that made you smile recently?

Ceepa
07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
I know a lot of us are going through some stressful times for whatever reasons. How about we share something small that made us smile.

-yesterday I took DC to the grocery store. They were so well-behaved through the entire store that when I inevitably remembered a few things at the last minute I didn't worry about dragging them back up and down the aisles to get those few forgotten items.

-the weather yesterday was spring-like. I opened all the windows and turned off the a/c.

-I found the sunglasses that I misplaced about five months ago. These are the ones I seem to misplace in the house twice a year. :loveeyes:

MamaMolly
07-01-2010, 09:41 AM
DH and I have this silly game where we try to be the first one on the first day of each month to tell each other 'White Rabbit'. It is just a goofy game we have played. When things were bad between us it got the where neither one of us made the effort, and then recently I started again and caught him every month for like the last 6 months!

Today the phone rang at 8:30 am and when I answered DH White Rabbit-ed me! :) :heartbeat: It is so symbolic of where we have finally gotten back to!! YAY!

Of course I handed DD1 the phone and told her to tell Daddy White Rabbit. ;)

zoestargrove
07-01-2010, 09:51 AM
that white rabbit story was beautiful! Glad to hear things are back on track for you guys.

When my youngest son woke up and walked downstairs he was greeted by his older brother who spontaneously embraced him in a giant bear hug!

malphy
07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Last night dd was put to bed and as usual she had to come to my room a few times for various nonsense reasons. I think it is funny that she does this and don't usually get upset about it.

It was after 9pm though so was a little annoyed. I was about to walk her to her room when I noticed fireworks going off out my window. We have an unobstructed view from our window to NYC and we get to see all the different towns fireworks in nj. It is very nice.

I was surprised because it was only wednesday and it was a full show.

Anyway, dd was fascinated! The look of wonder in her face and the awe in her voice was adorable. She was saying the cutest things, "It's so beautiful, awesome, that's amazing, oh my gosh" When she saw blue colors she said "ooh, they match my eyes", lol.

As bad as things are for me this was just an awesome gift!

truly scrumptious
07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
DS gave me a huge open-mouth smooch last night - totally spontaneous (and wet!). Every time I think about it I smile.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-01-2010, 10:07 AM
yesterday as DS was falling asleep (after a looong day of teething, only a couple 20-30 minute naps) he started laughing and smiling in his sleep. so cute. and he ended up sleeping last night for TWELVE hours. hallelujah. i soo needed the break, yesterday i thot i was going to go insane!

SkyrMommy
07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
DD held my face with her two hands before bed last night and told me her 'story' of the day with all the possible nonsense words & sounds she could come up with, punctuated with occasional kisses & nose rubs. Simply made my heart melt. :heartbeat:

sarahsthreads
07-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Great stories, all, they're making me smile too!

- I also took my girls to the grocery store yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by how good they were, even though due to my poor planning we didn't get to the checkout until noon and we didn't get home for lunch until after 12:30.
- My big girl figured out how to use some toy walkie-talkies at a party yesterday and gave me the other one so she could talk to me from across the lawn.
- My little girl is obsessed with books and shows about birthdays and goes around saying and singing "happy birthday" to everyone (we've been to quite a few birthday parties in the past month) and I can't wait to see how she reacts when she realizes it's *her* birthday in a couple of weeks! :)

Sarah :)

kijip
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
-F seeing seeing me come in the house and clapping like a maniac and shouting "it mammmaaama it mamamammma"

-T learning to roller skate. He makes a hilarious concentration face.

-Realizing that I can now do push-ups on my toes. :jammin:

carolinamama
07-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I love reading these stories. DS2 has been making me smile so much lately since he's really trying to talk so much more. He's has a naturally sweet disposition and is a big cuddle bug.

Today DS2 made me smile when he helped me put the diet Coke cans in the refrigerator. When the box was empty, he carried it out to the garage and put it in the recycling bin. It was so funny because I didn't ask him to do it or anything - I guess he just noticed that it's what I do. He worked so hard to carry it while opening the door and getting it in the bin just right.

DS1 had some bloodwork yesterday and the results came back good. That made me smile bigtime and lifted a huge worry from my heart.

ladysoapmaker
07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Last night at dinner we had corn on the cob. DD#2 got made at me for cutting the corn off the cob for her and so she grab the cob and started gnawing on it. It was so cute.

I found DD#2's shoes behind the couch (after searching for them for 2 weeks). (and the 2 middle kids didn't complain too much for having to clean behind there.)

I found my sunglasses in the diaper bag after searching for them for 3 weeks.

Jen

citymama
07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Watching DD1's eyes light up when she comes back from school and sees the baby. Watching the baby's eyes light up when she sees her big sister do or say just about anything. :love5:

zoestargrove
07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks Ceepa for starting this.

I have one more that keeps replaying in my head. Earlier this week the family went into the city. I was holding my son's hand and he announced. THIS is my favorite hand in the world because it's attached to YOU!

caleymama
07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
These are all so sweet!

Today is our 10th anniversary and DDs put together a surprise "performance" complete with dancing in fancy dress up clothes to classical music, a big drawing they made, and a fruit leather for each of us. The show ended with them taking DH to one end of their room, putting me at the other end with a bouquet of flowers from our yard, and they put a veil on me (my sister had purchased it but didn't end up using it when she got married 2 years ago so she gave it to DDs for dress up) and made me walk to DH as if I was walking down the aisle. I knew they were working on something yesterday but I didn't know what and DD2 told me "don't look!" when I saw the fruit leather under her pillow when I made her bed this morning. Needless to say it was really cute. :love5:

truly scrumptious
07-01-2010, 01:25 PM
These are all so sweet!

Today is our 10th anniversary and DDs put together a surprise "performance" complete with dancing in fancy dress up clothes to classical music, a big drawing they made, and a fruit leather for each of us. The show ended with them taking DH to one end of their room, putting me at the other end with a bouquet of flowers from our yard, and they put a veil on me (my sister had purchased it but didn't end up using it when she got married 2 years ago so she gave it to DDs for dress up) and made me walk to DH as if I was walking down the aisle. I knew they were working on something yesterday but I didn't know what and DD2 told me "don't look!" when I saw the fruit leather under her pillow when I made her bed this morning. Needless to say it was really cute. :love5:

OMG that's ADORABLE!

crl
07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I put the crying baby down in her crib because I needed to go to the bathroom. DS, her 7 year old brother, on his own initiative, went in and sang to her. And put her to sleep. It was so, so, so sweet.

Catherine

Octobermommy
07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I put the crying baby down in her crib because I needed to go to the bathroom. DS, her 7 year old brother, on his own initiative, went in and sang to her. And put her to sleep. It was so, so, so sweet.

Catherine

Do you loan him out by chance? Too cute.

wencit
07-01-2010, 02:22 PM
The other day, I was feeling really tired, so I laid down on the couch and tried to rest. All of a sudden, I felt DS1 put a blanket on me, and then he said, "You take good care of me, Mommy, so I will take good care of you."

LMPC
07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Watching DD come around the corner of the arrivals hall at the airport and seeing her face as she saw DH after spending a weekend in NYC with just me. "DADDDYYYYYY!!!!" It was awesome!

JTsMom
07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Zachary is just starting to smile. Need I say more? :love-retry:

gatorsmom
07-01-2010, 02:40 PM
This conversation between Sisi and Greenbean (GB)made me smile:

GB: Elmo is green
Sisi: No he's not.
GB: Sisi, Elmo is green.
Sisi getting irritated: No, Greenbean, he's not!
GB: Sisi, Elmo is green.
Sisi very upset: NO, Greenbean, ELMO IS BLUE!

Sweetum
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Lovely stories...

DS has started to vocally appreciate his food. And lately when he really likes something he involuntarily goes "gum gum gum gum" while he's eating!

maestramommy
07-01-2010, 05:02 PM
We gave Laurel a rocking Tigger for her bday. It's a plush Tigger who plays music when you pinch his ears. When one of the tunes started she started humming and swaying back and forth. She did it so many times we were actually able to get it on film:love-retry:

Right now Dora is watch a video of the TV version of Nutcracker with Mikhail Baryshnikov. And trying to do the moves. ;)

I was wandering the mall today and found a Walking Company store. Finally, a B&M store where I can find Danskos. I got a pair of Selas for $66, which will be shipped to me:yay:Now I don't have to wear flip flops to Laurel's baptism.

MolieMuts
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
When I went in to get DS2 from his nap he saw me and reached back and touched his bottom, then put his hand to his nose and said "oooo, I poo-pooed".

ewpmsw
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
DD was an angel yesterday morning, from a 7 am appointment, through errands and a photo session, all ending around noon. She's got a tummy bug and is sick from antibiotics (infected bug bite), so she should have been an unholy terror.

Just hearing DH putting dishes away this morning made me smile.

Watching DD dance with her Daddy to '80's music after dinner tonight was the sweetest, and listening to her singing and talking to herself contentedly after bedtime was pretty sweet, too.