PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch versus classic/nano for music set-up?

sste
07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
So, I am getting the i-phone 4 and an i-mac. I am eligible for an academic discount where I get $200 off an ipod- - so essentially a free ipod classic/nano or I pay $100 and get the touch which has 32gb and internet/games/apps. We want to use the ipod to get rid of our cds and set up with our stereo. I am nervous about traveling with the touch since it will have our music on it (as I understand this?) and also I am not sure why I need it if I have an i-phone. Is there a reason to pay the $100 and get the touch?

Someone please just tell me what to buy!

pastrygirl
07-01-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd get the Touch. Load a bunch of kids apps on it, so you don't have to give your iPhone to your kids in waiting rooms, etc. Maybe even some movies/shows for a long car ride or flight. :)

infomama
07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Touch blows away the Nano IMO.

Penny's Pappa
07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I am nervous about traveling with the touch since it will have our music on it (as I understand this?)

Your iPod will have a copy of your music on it. Your computer at home will still have your music on it. So, if you lose your iPod/have it stolen/whatever, you will not lose your music entirely.

and also I am not sure why I need it if I have an i-phone. Is there a reason to pay the $100 and get the touch?

Someone please just tell me what to buy!

As far as using it to only play music/videos, there's no reason to spend more to get the Touch. However, as PPs have said, the ability to load apps on the Touch would be it's major benefit. Whether that's worth the extra $100 is up to you.