PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for teeth?

PunkyBoo
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Punkin finally has his first loose tooth. It is already VERY loose, so I'm trying to figure out wll the tooth fairy details before we need it.

Do you just put the tooth by itself under your DC's pillow? I'm afraid with all his rolling around and flopping (he's an active sleeper), the little tooth will get lost in his bed. Should I have some sort of pouch for it? I don't think I have time to order something off etsy or anything like that... I might be able to find an old jewelry pouch or box... I could decorate it I guess if I could think of a way to make it creative without getting glitter or buttons falling off in his bed...

I honestly don't remember what we did when I was a kid. I'm even tempted to just have him put it on the dresser so we don't wake him when the fairy comes...

AND THEN... what do you do with the teeth?!? It really grossed me out to discover my mom kept all of my and my sister's teeth until she moved out of her house 5 years ago... but the thought of putting a body part in the trash also kinda disturbs me...

Please help me be a good tooth fairy!

SnuggleBuggles
07-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I had a pillow with a pocket on it when I was little for my tooth. I understand why now! I hate fishing around under the pillow for the tooth. One time we couldn't find it! Luckily he didn't see it the next day either. I still need to come up with something here too. A little box on the nightstand would be great!

I had been saving the teeth but dh tossed the 2nd to last one and I followed his lead on the last one.

Beth

MMEand1
07-02-2010, 03:13 AM
I told my DS we needed to put his tooth in a ziplock bag so that the tooth fairy would have an easier time finding it in the dark. I'm not very creative, but it worked out pretty well!!

daisymommy
07-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I always meant to get a cute little sack for the tooth, but I never got around to it, and we've always just put it in a ziplock baggie. Don't ask me why, but somehow I have all the little baggies of teeth, and Joshua, being the boy that he is ;) wanted a "bag of teeth" so now he has them all in a little pouch :barf:. I kept the very first one in a box with his first lock of curl cut off, and other sentimental items.

WitMom
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
We haven't had to deal with the tooth fairy issue yet, but I think we will soon. When we were little, our parents always had us put our loose teeth in a glass of water on the kitchen table at bedtime??? I have no idea where they came up with that one, but it did make it easy for the tooth fairy to retrieve the tooth I'm sure. I don't think we'll go that route....I can see DH glabbing the glass and drinking the water (tooth and all) before realizing what he did. We'll probably do the little pillow with a pocket thing.

ilfaith
07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
We were staying in a hotel when DS1 lost his first tooth. I had him put it in an envelope (hotel stationery) before putting it under the pillow. His dentist gave him a little plastic tooth-shaped box, so that is what we use at home.

I saved his first lost tooth. The rest we've thrown away.

Roni
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Definitely use a Zip-lock bag. We do have a little pillow somewhere, & both girls have tohose plastic teeth necklaces that they got when they lost teeth and school, but a Ziplock works fine.

Neatfreak
07-02-2010, 10:59 AM
My parents would help me fold my teeth in a tissue and then we'd tie ribbon around it - sort of like gift-wrapping!

I have a few small tulle bags from costume jewelry around here that I may use for DD1 - she also has her first loose tooth.