PDA

View Full Version : When do they outgrow the Leapster?

alien_host
07-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I saw they have some new games..Scooby Doo and Toy Story, which DD would love. But I'm wondering at what age to they tend to outgrow the leapster and move on to the next thing (which is what....DS?). She is 5 and entering K in the fall...is it worth buying anymore games?

swissair81
07-01-2010, 04:37 PM
My 7 year old isn't really interested in hers anymore. I'm not sure that would help you though, because she isn't playing video or computer games at all. She's mostly reading & playing outside.

Melbel
07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
The day they get a Nintendo DS, whatever age that is. At age 5, if your DD would love the games and they have good reviews, I would probably still buy. IME, with the first child, you can hold off on a Nintendo DS longer than with subsequent children.

ETA: DS age 7, DD1 age 6

KrisM
07-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Ds is 6 and still playing. I recently bought him a Star Wars game and he is enjoying it. But, he's the oldest and doesn't know about the DS...yet. I'm sure at some point, he'll want something else.

clc053103
07-03-2010, 08:57 AM
DS has found out about DSi from his cousins- so it looks like Leapster may lose its lustre wen he gets DSi XL on his 5th birthday! I'm sad because we have two battery packs, one charger, 7 games and a case. Maybe I'll try Craigslist!