PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony

fivi2
07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
(aka I give in a little more)

So the girls (4.5) have discovered My Little Pony. I do not remember them from my childhood (maybe I was too old?) so this is all new to me. They fall under the category of things I was hoping to avoid, but don't find offensive so I will go with it.

So far we have just seen band-aids and stickers and mil has given them a pony or two. Is that all there is to them? I see cartoons on Netflix, but they look like they are from the 80s. Is there something I am missing? Are they just ponies for little girls to collect?

Is there anything I need to know about these things? Any pieces that are must haves?

Twoboos
07-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Ahhhh we are well versed in MLP around here. DDs got like 6 activity sets or something (ferris wheel, roller coaster, purse shaped gift shop, roller rink, etc.) from a very generous relative one Christmas. And a set of 7 big Ponies. It was TOTAL overkill, and now we're stuck with them!!

I think it's the activity sets and ponies. I have gotten quite a few at Marshall's/TJMaxx. In fact I saw some big pony/dvd combos on clearance at Marshall's one day this week, for $5.

They also have books, coloring books, etc. DDs have not seen any TV epis. (Thank goodness!!!)

Some Ponies are playing right now with Strawberry Shortcake and Lemon Meringue. It's someone's birthday and they are all at a party. :)

They drive me nuts, especially the teeny tiny pieces, but better MLP than Polly Pocket!!! But DDs loooove them. They have gotten a lot of play!

fivi2
07-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks! Looks like I need a Marshall's run :)

I might actually leave these for mil to give since she started us on this journey. I was just trying to figure out what I was getting myself into. Sounds like they are fun!

KrisM
07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
DD has a bunch and really likes the castle (http://www.amazon.com/Little-Pony-Crystal-Rainbow-Castle/dp/B000EPFESY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1278379451&sr=8-1)and the small activity sets (scooter, bike, clothes). I got the castle on CL for much, much less than Amazon :).

edurnemk
07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
I only have a son, and haven't seen MLP in ages, but I just wanted to say I was a huge fan as a little girl! They were my favorite toys. I had a stable and a whole bunch of ponies, oh and twin baby ponies with a carriage.

fivi2
07-06-2010, 09:44 AM
DD has a bunch and really likes the castle (http://www.amazon.com/Little-Pony-Crystal-Rainbow-Castle/dp/B000EPFESY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1278379451&sr=8-1)and the small activity sets (scooter, bike, clothes). I got the castle on CL for much, much less than Amazon :).

For $450.00, I hope the castle is made out of gold :) Kidding - the 3rd party amazon sellers are so annoying!

Thanks for the rec!