PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!! I need a new fridge

SpaceGal
07-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Long story short our fridge is broken. I really HATE GE products and refuse to buy another one. The fridge is not even 6 years old and it broke.

We're probably leaning toward getting a new one since we just have no faith in the product regardless and if we hired someone we don't know if the repair would help keep the fridge for more than a year.

Anyways, I know I don't want a GE and my other dilemma is color. We currently have all bisque colored (ivory-ish). DH and I feel like we should not have gone that route and figure if we do buy a new fridge to start with a new color.

Our counter tops are light colored laminate and the cupboards are a maple oak light brown color. The kitchen is painted a light orange...kind of creamsicle color and all my other small appliances are orange (mixer, toaster, blender, etc.).

DH thought black would be nice but I was worried about the "halloween-y" look.

Any ideas?

WolfpackMom
07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Stainless will cost you a little extra but I voted for it because it looks nice with any decor and if you sell the house in the future with applicances you will get more bang for your buck because people love stainless!

katydid1971
07-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I actually prefer white but voted stainless because I think it will be more "neutral" and if you need to sell your house people othen think stainless appilances are better than white or black even when that's not the case.
eta: I agree no black and orange

edurnemk
07-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I voted stainless because it goes with everything and looks more updated. I'd say second choice is black, if you didn't have orange. I'd stay away from white it will yellow over time and the appliance will look older.

I completely agree that GE appliances suck big time. Even the salesman at Best Buy agreed with me on that one... in fact he didn't even show me GE microwaves when I had to replace ours, and when I mentioned we were replacing a crappy GE, he said "Did it come with the house? Builders always put GE appliances in because they're cheap"

♥ms.pacman♥
07-01-2010, 09:53 PM
another vote for stainless..it just looks more modern imo. i agree that the issue with white is that it yellows over time.

AnnieW625
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I voted for white and would ge it unless I was planning on selling my house anytime soon because people get soo gaga about SS on home shows.

What are the colors of your other large appliances?

crl
07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I say stainless because it will blend best with the existing bisque appliances, IMO.

Catherine

KHF
07-02-2010, 08:08 AM
I voted stainless even though my preference is black. If there is a chance you will need to sell your house in the next few years, it will help with resale.

SnuggleBuggles
07-02-2010, 08:15 AM
I;m not usually on the stainless bandwagon- I think it's overused in homes nowadays. But, in your case it sounds like a good compromise.

Beth