PDA

View Full Version : 8 mo anxiety ridden baby keeps banging his head (not intentional)

melonpan
07-01-2010, 11:57 PM
8 mo anxiety ridden baby keeps banging his head on the cribs side rails by losing his footing + grasp. (he cant walk yet but he can stand assisted.)

he was a good sleeper 3 weeks ago but i guess he has developed sep anxiety, which is sweet but a big time bummer and its making bed time a nightmare.

last night he slipped and got his leg/foot stuck between the rails and was wailing/shrieking. unfortunately for us, mil is here for a month and tsked tsked and said that this was such a cold country, letting babies cry like that. weve told her that many many parents dont cio, just that we do, so pls dont judge the entire country. but besides that point, shes kind of angry about how we deal with sleeping.

im getting way side tracked here....

the point is is that baby is crying and just hating bedtime now and as a result stands in his crib and falls and hits his head. we go in to soothe and set him back down, but he just does it over and over again.

is this is unusual?

1) should we co-sleep for a month or so until the sep anxiety kind of dies down (i worry what if the co-sleeping makes it worse for cio down the road) and he sleeps safer in his crib

2) or is this normal and i should expect kids to have minor banging incidents every night for a little while? he used to just cry for 10 minutes wo hurting himself; now its so much more stressful!

(should we purchase a crib tent?)