PDA

View Full Version : i need "Wii 101"!

swampnurse
07-02-2010, 12:56 AM
If there is a recent thread like this please direct me to it. I searched but couldn't find one.

I am finally breaking down and getting a Wii for the family. After dancing for hours to the "Just Dance" game and having a family bowling tournament, I have decided that it would be fun for all of us.

So what do I need aside from the console and some games? Do I need additional controller thingys? What are your favorite games? How's the Wii Fit?

Clearly, I know very little, so please help me! :)

tmahanes
07-02-2010, 01:20 AM
I would get extra controllers.... the games you get tell you on the box how many people can play. Check places like GameStop or EB Games.... they sell used controllers. They now have colored controllers at Target I am am COVETING one of those... I :heartbeat: pink!! It is an unhealthy addiction!! :hysterical:

I like the Wii Sports, Deca Sports, Game Party and Game Party II. I can't think of the others I like and it is packed in the storage building right now so I can't look! Sorry!!

I haven't tried the Fit yet but have friends that really like it.

cath_b
07-02-2010, 02:25 AM
I just got a Wii too. Everyone in the family (my side and DH side even my in-laws) has one except for us. When there are multiple players it helps that you have more than one controller and yes, they have different colored controllers now. I saw them at Costco.

In-laws have the Wii Fit bundle and love it. I have tried it and it is fun. I only did the Yoga part and haven't explored it too much but I liked it. So the Wii fit is next on my list. My siblings have a lot of the sports game, everyone enjoys that. Another game that everyone seem to enjoy is the Sing It. No experience necessary and you get a laugh out of it as well.

missym
07-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Moved to Around the House forum - if you look at the top of this forum, there is a pinned thread about Wii systems. HTH!