PDA

View Full Version : Annie W...

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
07-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Did you get sucked into that whole governor initiated minimum wage edict until the budget is passed? My MIL is so pissed off, she says she's not going to work until she gets her regular wages.

codex57
07-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't think that would piss Arnie off any.

He's using the workers as a pawn. Unless the action is directly targeted against Arnie (like mobbing his mansion or office), it'll prolly work to his favor.

Shut down of state services, people using up their PTO instead of getting regular wages, etc. That all either helps the budget or helps put pressure on the legislatures to pass a budget. All stuff Arnie is trying to accomplish.

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM
It burns me up! (I work in local government, not state, but still...). I'd be demanding interest, especially if the budget doesn't pass until much later...

I can't believe I voted for that meathead governor.

codex57
07-02-2010, 02:58 PM
A lot of people don't mind. The only way to get the legislature to get anything done is to get people worked up. Arnie is doing that. It sucks to be the pawn, but he's ratcheting pressure on the legislature like no other recent gov't has.

It's absolutely insane the way the budgets have been delayed or done the past years. Arnie's getting the establishment to do less of the "usual" then they would like.

Unfortunately for the state workers, he's using them as pawns cuz that's pretty much the only group he has power over. Luckily for Arnie, there are a LOT more private workers than public so while there's sympathy, it's not overwhelming sympathy cuz of the public view that gov't workers have super cushy jobs whereas private workers can get fired on a whim. A real possibility in this economy.

hobie
07-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Soooo irritated with the legislature...it's not like July 1 comes at a different time every year! I'd really like to see the lot of them locked into one room, and kept there until they can pass a frigging budget...like what they do to elect a new Pope.

codex57
07-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Soooo irritated with the legislature...it's not like July 1 comes at a different time every year! I'd really like to see the lot of them locked into one room, and kept there until they can pass a frigging budget...like what they do to elect a new Pope.

That would be ideal. And they wouldn't get any pay increases that they voted for each other too. Shoot, don't pay them their salary at all. A lot of them can live without the salary, but it definitely would give them incentive to get things done.

I'd throw the governor in there too since he's part of the process. Maybe not in the same room cuz they need to discuss things without him too involved with the negotiations, but lock him in another building or something with open communication possible.

daisymommy
07-02-2010, 09:03 PM
The poster said ANNIE (as in one of our members here) ...not Arnie ;)

codex57
07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
The poster said ANNIE (as in one of our members here) ...not Arnie ;)

I know. Annie and I are FB friends. But she's not responding. Prolly cuz she has a newborn.

I meant Arnie as in Arnold Swaraslkdfnjlkasdnkas cuz he's relevant to the discussion.