PDA

View Full Version : Question for people who use Groupon...

TwinFoxes
07-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Have you ever had trouble trying to cash in once you bought your deal? I almost bought a deal yesterday, but it just seemed too good to be true. It was a photography deal for $85 where you got a session at a local landmark/venue of your choosing, some prints, and a few digital pics. It was a really good deal. But I didn't buy it, and today I went back to see if it was available, and they had sold like 1200 packages. This is a husband and wife team, not a big company. How in the world will they be able to fulfill all of those packages? That's more than three shoots a day year round! (the package expired in a year.) There's just no way.

So what happens if you try to cash in your package, but get the run around? Does group on guarantee you get your money's worth? I don't see any guarantees on their site, but maybe I'm missing something.

WatchingThemGrow
07-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I've used 3 I think, with no problem at all. They're very familiar with them at the businesses that participate. As far as the photographers, they probably have some extra people or they can book 4 per day per person - so 8/day - still that's a lot of photography!