PDA

View Full Version : Coupon stacking at BRU?

dukie41181
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I hate shopping at BRU but we are in need of a crib matress and they have a good coupon out for this weekend (and unfortunately, Buy Buy Baby doesn't have it) so I think I'll find myself shopping there. I know they used to allow coupon stacking. Is this still the case? I'm guessing that it varies by store (as does everything with freakin' BRU). There is a 35% coupon in the link posted earlier and then I have several 20% offs and a $15 off when you start a registry. It would be AWESOME if I could use all of them since they are in fact different coupons.

poohbear
07-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I hate shopping at BRU but we are in need of a crib matress and they have a good coupon out for this weekend (and unfortunately, Buy Buy Baby doesn't have it) so I think I'll find myself shopping there. I know they used to allow coupon stacking. Is this still the case? I'm guessing that it varies by store (as does everything with freakin' BRU). There is a 35% coupon in the link posted earlier and then I have several 20% offs and a $15 off when you start a registry. It would be AWESOME if I could use all of them since they are in fact different coupons.

Hmmm....I don't know about the one with starting a registry, but you can't stack other coupons anymore. You can use a 20% off in addition to the clearance because that's taken at the register (it's not a coupon), but you can't use a 20% coupon with a 35% coupon, if that makes sense...
I know you can use a 20% coupon with the multiples discount though...

latully
07-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Where is the 35% off coupon? Is it off of anything?

dukie41181
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
The 35% coupon was for a crib matress. We were able to use the 35% coupon, a $5 off $25 and then we put the $15 gift card we got for starting a registry towards the purchase. We just went right to the registry desk and dealt with that (and got the gift card) before we did our shopping. We ended up paying only $113 out of pocket for a $200 crib matress.

ohiomom1121
07-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Do you only get the $15 if you start a registry in the store? I would love to use that with a 20% for a new carseat!

poohbear
07-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Do you only get the $15 if you start a registry in the store? I would love to use that with a 20% for a new carseat!

My friend just started a registry and she didn't even get that - LOL!

I forgot that you can still use the $5 off $25 and a % off coupon...
Just not a % off coupon with a 20% off coupon on the same item...

mommybug
07-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I wonder if you can use the 20% off coupon with the $off promotion on carseats. I don't remember the exact details, but it was something like $10 off for every $50 spent on the car seat. I know that the Frontier85 was $50 off because it was $279. If I could use the the 20% off coupon, that would bring it down to about $183..

My friend just started a registry and she didn't even get that - LOL!

I forgot that you can still use the $5 off $25 and a % off coupon...
Just not a % off coupon with a 20% off coupon on the same item...

poohbear
07-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I wonder if you can use the 20% off coupon with the $off promotion on carseats. I don't remember the exact details, but it was something like $10 off for every $50 spent on the car seat. I know that the Frontier85 was $50 off because it was $279. If I could use the the 20% off coupon, that would bring it down to about $183..

Nope, I don't think so. you couldn't do it last time they had that. In the old days you couldn't but not anymore. You basically can't use two coupons for the same item (anymore). You can use the $5 of $25 because that is off the entire transaction. Though come to think of it, last time I had that, they made me use my 20% off coupon in a different transaction I think....

ohiomom1121
07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Where are people getting the $5 off $25?

lorinick
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Nope, I don't think so. you couldn't do it last time they had that. In the old days you couldn't but not anymore. You basically can't use two coupons for the same item (anymore). You can use the $5 of $25 because that is off the entire transaction. Though come to think of it, last time I had that, they made me use my 20% off coupon in a different transaction I think....

It's a sure no. You can only use one of those coupons.

poohbear
07-04-2010, 08:15 PM
It's a sure no. You can only use one of those coupons.

Thanks for clarifying. That's what I thought.
And I just realize I had a typo. I meant in the old days you 'could' not you "couldn't." Sleep deprivation...

FWIW - you can use a 20% off coupon on top of the clearance 25% stuff, because I did it - it automatically rings up 25% off at the register, so the computer will accept it. BUT your coupon can't be one from the Sunday paper (those specify "for regularly priced merchandise"). It must be one of the ones they hand out at the register or one that was mailed out. I think you may be able to use one of the ones that was emailed out (like the gear coupon), because I don't think that specifies "not good on clearance" or "regularly priced items"

dukie41181
07-05-2010, 01:07 AM
The $15 for starting the registry was in fact a "coupon" that came in the mail to me in one of their fliers. I think its only good if you open the registry in store but I didn't walk around and scanned but said I wanted to manage it online. It helped that we had our 16 month old daughter with us!

The $5 off $25 coupon I got from the little pack of info you get when you register. The sales assoc didn't think you could stack coupons but she did ring them all for me just to see.

marymoo86
07-05-2010, 09:21 AM
I didn't receive any kind of BRU coupons in my registry bag! Dang it. Maybe something will come later..