PDA

View Full Version : Question about DS1's loose front tooth

ett
07-02-2010, 04:10 PM
DS1's front tooth has been loose for what seems like forever. The dentist mentioned that it was loose a couple of months ago at his checkup and it still hasn't come out. It's really loose and I can already see the permanent tooth coming out, but the baby tooth is just not budging. DS1 keeps wiggling it with his fingers and I'll been doing it too to get it out, but it won't come out. Should I be trying harder to get it out?

With his 2 bottom tooth, the permanent tooth came in first behind the baby tooth.

Thanks!

swissair81
07-02-2010, 04:22 PM
What is it being held in by? If it was dangling, I might help it a little. Otherwise I would leave it alone or ask the dentist if it is okay.

JElaineB
07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
My DS's first loose tooth was like this, I think it was a top front tooth as well. It seriously took about 9 months or so to come out. I even took him to the dentist after a few months because it looked so freaky with the new tooth coming in at what seemed to be an odd angle. They said it was fine and to let it come out on its own. It eventually did and his permanent tooth moved to where it is supposed to be. If you have any concerns I would say to take him to get it checked by the dentist, but otherwise I would just leave it alone.