PDA

View Full Version : Would you be mad?

WatchingThemGrow
07-02-2010, 06:01 PM
The bug man was here again because DH saw a roach. The guy said he also put some mouse bait thing under the house (old house, 2.5' crawl space - ewww) because DH said he suspected them. ???????? Really, because he hasn't mentioned anything to me! I wiped up something little and brown yesterday on the countertop. Hmmm... Then DH tells me how he found a peanut butter cracker on the counter in the morning nibbled around the edges (!!!!!) and he heard glasses klink. WHAT??? He's like, "Well, it was like 3 days ago, there's really been no time to tell you." Remember...I am a SAHM and have only left the house for 1.5 hours in the past 3 days, except for my trip to Aveda just now. We've been here, I've been cooking, using the kitchen for every meal, offering drinks to friends, etc. I've been here.

Would you be mad to know that your DH had evidence that something was crawling around your kitchen and didn't tell you? I'm furious, and I feel like it is very unfortunate we have a friend coming to watch the DC after bedtime so we can have a date. I can't even be in the same room with him right now.

DietCokeLover
07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I'd be hot, but not date night hot.

TwinFoxes
07-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes I'd be mad. But honestly, I wouldn't blame him because I would have spent the entire time between him telling me, and the arrival of the exterminator imagining I saw/heard/felt a mouse. But my DH would have said right out "I didn't tell you because you would have freaked out". He wouldn't have made up some lame "I didn't have time" excuse. The lame excuse would probably make me even angrier!

crl
07-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes I would have been mad because I would have been disinfecting the countertop, etcvv

Catherine

newg
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah I would be mad. And then I'd let DH sanitize the kitchen

Roni
07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't think I would really be that mad--I would chalk it up to DH being busy & forgetting to tell me. But, I also probably wouldn't have been entertaining guests, either. However, advice from someone who never has date nights, I would say, try to let it go and enjoy yourself. (I'm not complaining about my lack of date nights, but if I had one, I would really not want to waste it on being mad.)

shawnandangel
07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't be too upset. My hubby is forgetful and it's something he would do. I'd be upset for about 10 minutes and then get ready for my date. I haven't had a date since February so it would definately be forgiven.

cvanbrunt
07-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Uh, no. I'm a pick your battles sort of girl.

Nooknookmom
07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Uh, at least your DH had the initiative to contact the bug-man! Last year when we had a horrible ant (and black widow) infestation, my DH refused to call a professional. *I* was the one who blew through 8 gallons of Home Defense in 3 months trying to kill everything. We had such an ant infestation that I had to remove my kitchen cabinets at 11pm one night just to fill a eraser-sized hole in the plaster! I was sooooooo hot!

We too have an old house, raised foundation. Critters like our houses, lots of nooks and crannies to hide in and enter from.

Seriously, be GLAD he called in someone!!!

fortato
07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I think I'd rather not be told. I would obsess over every.little.thing.that.moved. You know, like, out the corner of your eye- you think you see something.

I am also like that fat lady from the Tom and Jerry cartoons.... Standing on a chair, screaming, holding my skirt up around my knees....

Octobermommy
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
No I wouldn't be mad. Pick your battles.

maestramommy
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Uh, no I wouldn't be mad. Esp. if he was the one that called the exterminator. He probably would have time to tell me though, because we do have conversation every day, and that's a big deal. I dunno, it just doesn't sound like something I'd get mad over. Also because *I* recently called 3 different exterminators after seeing what I thought was a roach, and they all said their treatment plan covers tons of pests all at once, so it's not like I'd have to itemize my pests for them.

twowhat?
07-02-2010, 10:47 PM
It wouldn't bother me at all. But I'm not even a tiny bit squeamish and tend towards the "I'm sure I'm touching things every day that I don't know are disgusting" type of person...if I were more sensitive about things like this then yah, I'd be pissed.

DrSally
07-02-2010, 11:06 PM
I'd be upset about the thought of a mouse, but I would figure that DH didn't think it was as big of a deal as I would (thus, forgetting).

WatchingThemGrow
07-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok, thanks :) I forced him to call the exterminator, for once. I'll have him "help" clean out some cabinets tomorrow, plus he'll be the first one up in the morning and will have to deal with anything in the glue trap.

DrSally
07-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Ok, thanks :) I forced him to call the exterminator, for once. I'll have him "help" clean out some cabinets tomorrow, plus he'll be the first one up in the morning and will have to deal with anything in the glue trap.

Good plan. And, Ewwww. For me, a mouse in the house would be major. For DH, it would just be another thing on the list.

JamiMac
07-02-2010, 11:35 PM
No, I would definitely not be mad. I don't like mice or anything, and might be creeped out, but not upset with my husband at all. It sounds like he took care of it with the exterminator.

sunnyside
07-03-2010, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't be mad. And if I forgot to tell my DBF something and then told him later, I would feel awful if he was mad at me. But that could just be us.

LarsMal
07-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Oh, I'd be peeved, but not furious. Kitchen critters are the WORST! If DH knew there was a mouse in our kitchen and didn't tell me he'd hear about it!

We had a mouse in our pantry when I was pregnant with C. It was disgusting! DH didn't seem to think too much about it, but he doesn't do the cooking, or cleaning, or practically live in the kitchen. Ugh...just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies again. bleh!

ThreeofUs
07-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I would be beyond exasperated. But my DH has a swiss-cheese memory lately, because he's been taking over the late-night wakeups from DS2, so it would be par for the course.

daniele_ut
07-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I might be upset if he'd known about it for months and didn't do anything about it, but your dh knew about if and asked the exterminator to take care of it immediately. That gets points in my book.

FWIW, I knew we had a mouse in the kitchen and didn't mention it to dh for weeks because I kept forgetting. He couldn't have cared less when I did remember to tell him.

g-mama
07-03-2010, 03:54 PM
He called the exterminator himself to get it taken care of, right?

No, I would not be mad. I would be glad that he took the initiative to tell someone who had the means to take care of it instead of putting it on my to-do list instead.

alien_host
07-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't be too mad because in my case my DH would e-mail me to call the exterminator. ;) But in your case, I personally would have liked notice that someone was coming to the house to do work so that it wouldn't surprise me....I'd like to know that the person who might be looking around the outside of the house was legit.

But I've seen ants in the house or heard a mouse in the attic several times and mean to mention it to DH and often I forget.

WatchingThemGrow
07-03-2010, 04:08 PM
He called the exterminator himself to get it taken care of, right?

No, I would not be mad. I would be glad that he took the initiative to tell someone who had the means to take care of it instead of putting it on my to-do list instead.
No, he didn't call on his own. I told him to call and to take it off my list. He asked me for the number and I had to direct him on how to find it, then schedule the service when they called back. The thing that irritates me so much is that he suspected mice and ALL DAY LONG I fix food for our kids on that countertop. ALL DAY LONG.

I gave him the link to the CDC hantavirus cleanup procedures, and he found an old can of clorox spray. He blasted the kitchen with it, waited 5 minutes, then wiped it down like they advised. The house was toxic from the stuff. DD and I had to leave while the boys were napping on the other end of the house. Still skeeved out about the glasses...

alien_host
07-03-2010, 04:27 PM
No, he didn't call on his own. I told him to call and to take it off my list. He asked me for the number and I had to direct him on how to find it, then schedule the service when they called back. The thing that irritates me so much is that he suspected mice and ALL DAY LONG I fix food for our kids on that countertop. ALL DAY LONG.

oops, I guess I didn't see where you posted that he didn't call on his own. I totally thought he saw it, called exterminator and forgot to tell you...in this case I would be more annoyed than if he saw the mouse, called exterminator and forgot to tell.

WatchingThemGrow
07-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I actually scheduled my aveda appt. during the time the ext. (or bug plumber as my DC call him) was here, so luckily I wasn't here until the end. And... he said his DW just found out that day they are expecting #3.

DH and I did end up going out last night for sushi and yogurt, so pretty okay ending. Still...I wish I'd known. ewww...