PDA

View Full Version : uggghhhhhhh...digestive issues while pregnant (perhaps TMI)

dukie41181
07-05-2010, 03:12 AM
I had no issues with my first, but it seems that I'm having some digestive issues this time around. I've awoken 3-4 this pregnancy with diahhrea. I'm actually awoken by the stomach pains and cramps that proceed it. I've figured out one food trigger so I've obviously avoided that and things have been better, until just now. It came on quite quickly and happened quickly as opposed to having to cope with the umcomfortability of it all. As anyone else noticed this with pregnancy? To top it all off tonight, I even got a hemmeroid right afterwards! :( perhaps from the sudden nature and all the "activity" down there? I've only ever gotten them once before in my life and it was 2-3 months post-partum.

swissair81
07-05-2010, 07:46 AM
I have digestive issues to begin with- IBS is my family's friend. But yes, I have more diarrhea because of food triggers when I'm pregnant. Not just 3-4 times either. I hate diarrhea labor.

Myira
07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I did not really have diarrhea, but yes I did feel like my digestive system was very sensitive to what I ate. I did have a couple of times when I ate something different that caused bloating, pain and discomfort. So not something you want to experience when preggo. So tried to avoid those foods that were the trigger and stuck to foods that I knew I could tolerate well, and that worked.

Luckily I did not have any constipation and hemorrhoid issues during pregnancy, and the fact that my prenatal contained a stool softener may have helped. I did get hemorrhoid during labor though while pushing.

newg
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I am having the opposite problem I am taking gas x at night to help with gas and bloating. Maybe you OBs office would have some suggestions

luv2bmommy
07-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Well, I'm still early at 13wks, but have had all the problems you've said, and as bad as it is, I just cannot give up all the foods that I know sometimes might cause cramps. Even hidden food like milk with lactose in a pie will do that to me, not fun. Just eat more plain yogurt if you can stand it, it cures mine right away. Best of luck!!!

ewpmsw
07-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I've noticed it happens after several days of not going. I'm guessing that being pg and taking prenatal vitamins is causing a backup. Eventually, everything has to make it's way out, and that's when the diarrhea and discomfort come into play. It's happened with both pregnancies and seems to pick very inopportune times to occur.