PDA

View Full Version : When was the first time you felt baby move?

luv2bmommy
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I've been worried if what I'm feeling is baby moves or smth else that I should worry about? At 13wks, I feel occasional pressure right on top of my pubic bone. Anybody else felt/feeling pressure rather than the usual flutters? Is it another way to first feel the baby? I felt flutters with my DS at 16wks, but I do not recall the pressure before then. Help!!!

SnuggleBuggles
07-05-2010, 04:36 PM
How occasional? ANy rhyme or reason to it? Did it just start today or has it been going on a while?

I had a lot more aches and weird discomforts with ds2. I think that's pretty typical.

I didn't feel either boy till 16-18w and it was just flutters.

Beth

LadyPeter
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I just felt little tickles, starting around week 14. My doctor said that was very early for a first baby...it was like a little goldfish swimming around.

luv2bmommy
07-05-2010, 04:45 PM
How occasional? ANy rhyme or reason to it? Did it just start today or has it been going on a while?

I had a lot more aches and weird discomforts with ds2. I think that's pretty typical.

I didn't feel either boy till 16-18w and it was just flutters.

Beth

I would say I feel those pressures min. once a day, and I could be laying down, walking, or sitting. They have been going on for maybe 2-3 wks now. I did bedrest with my first, but this time have settled for not leaving the house, not until wk 20 or so, to do my first OB visit (already discussed it all with my OB). I might have felt a couple of flutters today amid that pressure, so I pray that all I am feeling is the baby. Thanks for replying!!!

sunnyside
07-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I first felt flutters around week 15, but I didn't realize what it was until a few weeks later. At 18 weeks I felt something that felt like a flip and then was better at figuring out the different sensations.

Now at 40 weeks I'm sure she's trying to punch a hole out of my side to escape haha.

newg
07-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I felt flutters with DD around week 16........this time I had so much gas and bloating in the beginning that I didn't feel any kind of movement 'till week 20 or later because I was having a really hard time telling the difference. I was also told that with this DD my placenta is very thick in the front and this DD is positioned differently than DD1, so that has played a large role in what I feel and where I feel it.

If you are at all worried I'd call your OB. My friend was so worried about a misc. with this pregnancy (she had five before her DS was born) that she went into the OB office for an ultrasound about every week or two until she hit her second trimester............

srhs
07-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I felt little things that I would describe as little zaps, like electrical impulses...I wouldn't have ever said flutters.
My friends and mw thought I was nuts and that it must be something else, not early baby movement. But as time went on, it was clear that was it.

swissair81
07-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I thought I had flutters this time at 12 weeks. it was pretty hard to be sure because they stopped for a few weeks & restarted in earnest at 18 weeks.

HIU8
07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
With DS I felt something move across my right side (like bubbles moving) at 10 weeks--right after a stop to McD's for some chicken nuggets (which I never ever eat). With DD it was MUCH later.

citymama
07-06-2010, 03:04 AM
First baby - maybe around week 18?
Second baby - week 12-14 sometime