PDA

View Full Version : Which highchair do you like?

kellij
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
We were getting our Fisher Price Aquarium highchair out of storage for our baby and the padding is messed up. So we either need to get a new pad or a new highchair. It seems like a lot of new options have come out in the past 5 years. So what's your fav and if you found a good deal on it, where did get it?

Thanks!

ohiomom1121
07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I was in the same boat...we had the Linkadoos high chair for the first two (came out right before the Aquarium one) but the pad was ripped and there's no replacement available. (The FP website may have had the aquarium one though, you could check). I ended up picking the Graco Blossom...it gets great reviews everywhere and seems to have great longevity because of the booster option. My SILs are getting it for me...they got it at the Gap with a 25% off code and free shipping. Otherwise the best deal is at BRU with a 20% off coupon.

poohbear
07-05-2010, 08:53 PM
We have the Chicco Polly and like it.
FWIW - the trays do not fit in our dishwasher.
Baby Bargains still rates the FP high chair very high.

swissair81
07-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I had the FP Healthy Care for 6 years & after each kid I replaced the pad. On the FP parent website (i think mattel, but I might have made that up) you can buy replacement parts for many fp products.

happymom
07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I have posted a couple times about the Boon Flair high chair. I originally posted that I wasnt too happy with it. But after a little while using it, we have been VERY happy with it. You can do a search for "Boon" with my username if you want more info...

The main pros:
easy to clean
glide like a dream
tray fits in dishwasher
cool and modern looking
adjustable height

The main cons:
small tray (although we have come to reall like this feature)
tray is set too low
fairly expensive- look for a good deal an maybe price match on diapers.com

HTH

kellij
07-06-2010, 01:26 AM
I went ahead and ordered the Graco Blossom from Gap. They had 30% off and free ship, so that seemed like a pretty good deal. Thanks for the input!

angelakundera
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Mind me asking, what is the gap 30 off promo code? Can't find one.

swissair81
07-06-2010, 12:09 PM
The Blossom is great. The only thing I would change is to have the bar between the legs on the seat (as opposed to the tray) The tray would go in further & the tray wouldn't dig into the baby's crotch.

angelakundera
07-06-2010, 12:17 PM
yea, I have been eyeing the blossom. just trying to find the gap promo code to do so!

ohiomom1121
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
It was GAPJULY4, but I think it expired yesterday. Glad you got a good deal on the Blossom...I'm hoping to like it as much as the FP but I figure all those reviewers can't be wrong. :)