PDA

View Full Version : Any Legoland tips?

smilequeen
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I am taking my 5.5 year old to Legoland Friday. It's just the 2 of us going and I am (knock on wood) going at about 9 weeks pregnant. So are there enough rides that either he can ride alone (he's about 46" tall) or that I can ride with him even when pregnant? Anything we must do or any tips to make it go smoothly? How about the food, is it decent? Places to cool off since the heat is going to make my morning sickness worse?

TIA

pinay
07-06-2010, 01:09 AM
We ate at the barbecue place in the castle area, it was pretty good. We also had burgers over by the driving school area that were decent. When you enter the park, I think it's better to turn left if you want to do more rides early on. There's a safari drive ride that should be OK for you, as well as a boat ride that has lots of Lego statues with a fairy tale theme. He can probably do the driving school for the older kids (not sure what height requirement is, but I think he's too tall for the junior one), there's also the helicopters that he can do over there. Oh, be sure to bring a swimsuit for him as well, there's a great water play area that he'll enjoy. Have fun!

Tondi G
07-07-2010, 01:02 AM
make sure to bring swim suit and towel for him. Their water play area is great! If you want to do the Pirate Battle (it's close to the water play area) be prepared YOU will get wet so you might want to bring some wet clothes for yourself too!

We ate on our last trip at the sports cafe close to the test track roller coaster thing. The food was surprisingly good, they had little lego stations for the kids to play at while waiting for the food to arrive and it was indoors and air conditioned!!! we've also eaten at the italian place ... pizza, pasta, salad and it was good.

There should be a good amount of rides he can do on his own without you. You might even be able to pair him up with another kiddo if he wants to ride something that you really shouldn't. There are a bunch of rides you will be able to do with him too. Fairytale Brook, Safari Trek, Skipper school, helicopters, etc...

Oh yeah, the driving school. They do it by age 3 to 5 and then 6 and up. My little guy just turned 5 in May and will probably be fibbing on his age and going on the larger cars later this summer. The small ones would be a tight fit now that he is 46 inches tall and it is just an oval they drive around.... the older kids track is much larger!

While you're there.... try the apple fries. They are super yummy!!!

Just saw this on their website

LEGOLANDĀ® California has five great restaurants where the food is delicious and always fresh. And from June 26 - August 28, the mouthwatering cuisine is FREE for kids
12 and under after 5pm with any adult entree purchase!*

* Kids receive a free kids meal with the purchase of a full price adult entree June 26 - August 28, 2010. Offer is available after 5pm at Ristorante Brickolini, Fun Town Market, Garden Restaurant, UPPER DECKā„¢ Sports Cafe and Knights' Table Barbecue at LEGOLAND California. Adult entree purchase required. Cannot be combined with any other discount or offer, such as Pass Member discount.

This breakfast option sounds good too! Upstairs at the Aquarium

Beginning June 12 at 9:30am, start your journey off right with a delicious and fresh family breakfast at Ocean Journey Cafe, upstairs at SEA LIFE. Get creative and build your own breakfast with oceans of choices at the customizable cereal bar and yogurt bar. Plus enjoy other tasty eats including silver dollar pancakes, scrambled eggs, applewood smoked bacon, country potatoes, sausage links, pastries and fresh fruit!
While you enjoy your meal, play Ocean Bingo and learn how fish eat their breakfast!
Only $4.95 per child and $9.95 per adult.

MichelleRC
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
hijacking to say thanks for the info! We are going in 3 weeks. Can't wait!