PDA

View Full Version : MIL you are flippin CRAZY!!!

tmahanes
07-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Why do we have to be included in the DRAMA?!?!?!?!? We didn't do anything!!

Last Wed (DH Birthday!!) we were all at dinner, DH, MIL, FIL, BIL1, BIL2, and I. WE are having a nice dinner discussing one of BILs friends when BIL1 narcs himself out that he lied about having car trouble a couple of weeks ago so he could stay at the beach for some extra days!!! How stupid can you be (but that is a whole 'nother post! :rotflmao:)

So MIL is justifiably pi$$ed. BUT she does not wait to deal with it until we get home.... NO she gets up and LEAVES DH's birthday dinner BEFORE we are even finished eating! BILs and DH and I finished dinner and head home. When we get home they are "having a discussion" in the kitchen so obviously we can hear what is going on. She keeps interrupting the explanations and apologies and brings up something else they did wrong completely unrelated and that they have apologized for 19 million times (getting ears pierced IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!!)

She was more worried about BILs laughing behind her back that they pulled it off than the actual lying. This blows my mind because making fun of her for "falling for it" would never cross BILs minds. They are great kids and simply MADE A MISTAKE. They did not sit around laughing at you!! And it is pathetic that you are more worried about that than the lie.

And poor BIL2, who just went along with this after the fact got yelled at more than BIL1 who created the lie, because he was supposed to tell him that was a dumb decision and not to do it! Please they are 18 and 20 at beach week... like that is going to happen!

She kept interrupting and FIL just said to let them finish when she asked a question..... and that was the start of the drama. She left and went outside and FIL finished the talk with the boys. When they went out to find her to apologize again she told them she didn't want to talk and LEFT. She apparently came back late that night and the next day at work sent FIL a TEXT message (they work in the same office complex!!) that she was not going to be home again for several days. SOOOOOO now she is back and not speaking to anyone except B!!!! Talk about awkward silence! Really MIL???? DH and I and FIL had nothing to do with BIL1 lying. Why are we being punished and why are you acting 12. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this is so long I just had to vent and could not vent to DH because he is beyond pi$$ed at her for the whole situation and for the way she is treating FIL who is probably the only one in the world that would put up with her. He is so mad that I have had to stop him from saying something to her because that would just make it worse for BILs and FIL. So we are not discussing this to keep the peace here! She seriously is 12!!! Thanks for listening!

connor_mommy
07-05-2010, 11:41 PM
OMG! Sorry for all the drama you have to deal with. I hope things get better soon! They are 18 and 20! Hey, at least they didn't end up in jail or something. They're just boys having fun! I bet they won't slip the next time they don't want her to know about something!

tmahanes
07-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Exactly!!!! Yes they lied to stay longer which was bad but it COULD have been much worse.... jail, alcohol poisoning, car wreck, etc.

Kids are going to screw up and if you expect them to never make a mistake then you are asking too much!

StantonHyde
07-06-2010, 12:40 AM
And yet B would be such a great conversationalist!!!!! For your MIL, he is probably right at her level!!

tmahanes
07-06-2010, 12:44 AM
And yet B would be such a great conversationalist!!!!! For your MIL, he is probably right at her level!!

:bighand: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :bighand:

That made me laugh soooooo hard and is too true!! :) Thanks for the smile!

MamaMolly
07-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I dunno. I might be a teeeeensie bit tempted to pour fuel onto this particular fire. MIL not speaking to you over it? Hmmmm. Seems like you've been handed the DIL Golden Ticket to Peace and Quiet! ;)

tmahanes
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I dunno. I might be a teeeeensie bit tempted to pour fuel onto this particular fire. MIL not speaking to you over it? Hmmmm. Seems like you've been handed the DIL Golden Ticket to Peace and Quiet! ;)

Hahaha that is true but she never talks to me unless she has to anyways because she doesn't like me!!!