PDA

View Full Version : Water table for backyard

vonfirmath
07-05-2010, 11:33 PM
What water tables do you have for backyards? Some have umbrellas and some don't -- how useful are those umbrellas in preventing sun burn? Our backyard has NO shade. How played with are they?

Kaylee31
07-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I just got my DS this one over the weekend http://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-Water-Wheel-Play-Table/13070215?sourceid=1500000000000003260420&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13070215 He really loves it so far. It doesn't have an umbrella-- I put it in the shade under my patio table umbrella. If I had more space & no shade I would have went with this one http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Naturally-Playful-Water-Center/dp/B001PGTNK6
It has a lid to cover it too, which is nice.

MommyAllison
07-06-2010, 01:17 AM
We have 2, neither have umbrellas, and they get a lot of play. We haven't had sunburn issues, and our backyard is full sun all afternoon. We've had our original water table for 3 years. HTH

ourbabygirl
07-06-2010, 07:33 AM
We're in the same boat as you- absolutely NO SHADE in our back yard, and it faces west, so DD and I are out there a lot in the afternoon, after lunch and after her afternoon nap. I always put a hat on her and put up that umbrella from that Naturally Playful table a pp linked. We like it a lot, and I really like having the cover and something neutrally-colored, too. The cool thing about the umbrella, too, is that it fits in that middle hole on the table, but I also wedge it between the iron arms & legs of our patio chairs, so I can adjust it to where DD is going to be (she goes bt the table and her little kiddie pool filled w/toys. I'm actually thinking of ordering her an additional umbrella from the Step 2 website to get a bit more shade (keep one in the table & one in the chair arm. :)
I HATE not having shade back there, but the other problem we have is that it gets really windy here, so we can't do much with umbrellas or awnings- they blow all over the place.