PDA

View Full Version : train track question

mindyd
07-06-2010, 06:50 PM
My twins are turning 2 in Sept and the only toy that they really seem to love is their train set. However, our "set" consists of a bunch of random track pieces that we have gathered from wherever. I would like to get some more of the "S" shaped pieces to elevate the track or tunnels/bridges etc....is the only way to do this to buy the sets? I really don't want more track pieces, but it's kinda stupid to pay the same price for a set and only get 2-3 pieces.

If that is possible, do you have anywhere you like to buy train parts from??

Thanks.

swissair81
07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I looked up Brio (the train set I have), but they seem to be defunct & I don't know what other companies do trains. Go to the company website though or google company x train accessories & see what you get.

Gena
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
We have bought many of our pieces from Choo Choo Track & Toy Co. You can buy sets or individual track pieces. It's all compatible with other companies' wooden sets.

We really like their trains because they look like real-life trains (Amtrak, CSX, Santa Fe, etc.).

http://www.choochootrack.com/

mindyd
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I noticed that about Brio. We had purchased the smart track engine and a couple of random pieces for my DD when she was their age, but unfortunately the boys broke the engine by dropping it one day. I tried to get a new one, but they are hard to find or ridiculously expensive since I should probably buy 2. I figured they might as well learn to power it by hand anyway:)

THank you for the website suggestion. They had a lot of great tunnels/separate pieces. I may have been able to find what I was looking for! I really appreciate it!

I appreciate your help ladies!

KrisM
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I've ordered bulk track from Trains Galore, http://www.trainsgalore.com/Bulk-Track-By-The-Piece-C117.aspx. Free shipping over $55, too.

christiedavid3
07-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Check eBay too. I found a bunch of different tracks and accessories there a while back.