PDA

View Full Version : *pant* *pant*

nicoleandjackson
07-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I know I'm overweight, and I know that I've indulged this pregnancy with more than my fair share of Chipotle burritos, but DANG! I can't climb a flight of stairs without wanting to kill myself. Never mind if I am carrying a load of laundry in the basket. It takes me a full five minutes to catch my breath. It's embarrassing. I can't believe that I have three more months of this--*pant* *pant* *pant*

Can anyone sympathize?

ourbabygirl
07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Uh, YEAH! I'm only about 25 weeks along, but with this nasty heat & humidity, and a tall & heavy toddler to chase after and occasionally carry, I did my share of panting today! This morning we went to a park with some steep hills (so steep that when we went w/our BOB last week, I decided not to take it this time, as it's so hard to push DD & the stroller). Well, of course, DD got tired of the long walk, so I carried her up one of the huge hills.... I was seriously breathing so heavily and told her that we probably won't be going back there this summer. 30 pounds of her plus whatever is in my belly plus the heat & humidity make for one trying time! It's so hard to be pregnant again in July, and I have 3 more months to go!

Good luck! ;)

newg
07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
oh it's not just you!!! I was in fairly good shape before getting pregnant again and it sure doesn't show right now!!! I can't even make it around our little neighborhood without panting and stopping a few times.......and the stairs are killing me too!!

And I am just wilting in this summer heat.........

SnuggleBuggles
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
The worst was that I was in shape! I was going to the gym and staying active. But, man, I couldn't do stairs for the life of me!

Beth

swissair81
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm almost 32 weeks now & I live in my recliner. The day is coming soon when my clothes will no longer fit.

ewpmsw
07-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Another one here who is overweight and has overindulged during this pregnancy. I felt like the out-of-breath stuff started pretty early, and it was from things that don't normally bother me, like walking up very slight inclines or stairs. At 34ish weeks, it's miserable and embarrassing. My friend (also overweight) swears it's because we have all that extra blood coursing through our veins. Whatever it is, I can't wait to be back to just being fat, instead of fat+pregnant.

swissair81
07-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure that overweight has anything to do with it. I was within my normal weight before pregnancy, I have gained 22 (or 24?) lbs so far & I feel ginormous (and none of my clothes fit right).

teedeedee
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
32 weeks here- trying to carry my 26.6 lb 2 year old (just had that check up this morning!) is killing me! Carrying her and me upstairs is reason not just to be out of breath, but also warrants getting to lie down for a bit!

Every time I come up the stairs and DH is up here he looks at me rather incredulously b/c I'm SO out of breath- I just shoot him the "don't you dare say a word" look. So far, it's worked...can't say he's not a bright one! =)

bostonsmama
07-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Ditto everyone else. I was running 3.5 miles every other day for months leading up to this pregnancy. I took the first trimester "off," and my stamina went to hell in a handbasket. I haven't even gained more than 8 lbs either. It's just all that extra blood circulating through our bodies. Even now, I do moderate exercise 4x/week, and while walking up 4 floors of stairs (12 flights) at the hospital, I almost stopped along the way. I was PANTING!!!

Good practice??? Hee hee hooo. ;)