PDA

View Full Version : Preschool Alarm Clock

scrooks
07-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Any recommendations for one that will tell my 3 year old when it's appropriate to wake up...AND teach her to tell time? Can this be found all in one?

TamiRuns
07-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Recently our 3 year old has been getting up way too early so I ordered this clock last week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?a=B0019IHE8I

The reviews seem mostly favorable. It's more $$ than I wanted to spend but I had a barnes and noble gift card so ordered it from there.

This might be one to consider.

hollybloom24
07-07-2010, 07:58 AM
We have the Teach Me Time clock too and I really like it!

TamiRuns
07-07-2010, 08:12 AM
We have the Teach Me Time clock too and I really like it!

Good to know! Ours is to be here Friday.

calv
07-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Recently our 3 year old has been getting up way too early so I ordered this clock last week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?a=B0019IHE8I

The reviews seem mostly favorable. It's more $$ than I wanted to spend but I had a barnes and noble gift card so ordered it from there.

This might be one to consider.

we have this and love it!

kristac
07-07-2010, 09:17 AM
we have this and love it!
:yeahthat:

swissair81
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I was going to suggest that one as well.

twindad
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
That clock is worth every penny! We love ours!

essnce629
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
We have the Teach Me Time clock as well and really like it!

jerigirl
07-07-2010, 02:32 PM
We have that one too, although we aren't using it to it's fullest potential right now. It is basically a nightlight for us right now.

scrooks
07-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the reviews. I just ordered it! DD's birthday is next week, hopefully it will be here by then!

vludmilla
07-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Ooh, thanks for posting this. I sooo need one of these. I was scheming ways to make something to teach DD when it is ok to wake up but this is easier and more likely to work if a little costly.

wendibird22
07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for this thread. Told DH about this yesterday because DD1 is up between 5-5:30 every.single.day. This morning DH says, "Buy that toddler clock please!"

jenstring95
07-09-2010, 01:00 AM
We have this clock for DS and love it:

http://www.mytotclock.com/home.php

We need to order one for DD, but it seems to be out of stock right now.

It does not teach how to tell time, but it does have optional bedtime story and/or music, optional white noise (all night, I believe, but we have not used this feature), and optional wakeup music. Therefore, it can be used as an alarm clock (by turning music on) or an "anti" alarm clock (by telling DC not to get up until the clock is yellow; it is blue during sleeptime). It also has a button for timeout, one for "encouragement", which they say can be used for things like how long to brush teeth, and a button for naptime. It looks difficult to program but is really easy. We take it on trips too because it is a great nightlight for hotels. You can even buy different stories for it. However, it isn't cheap either...

vonfirmath
07-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Anyone know of something like this that plays CDs?

TamiRuns
07-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Anyone know of something like this that plays CDs?

I'm not aware of anything that has all the features of the Teach Me clock + CD player....

Just wanted to add that we received the Teach Me clock in the mail yesterday and it didnt quite work out as I expected....sigh....Ds is not happy about staying in his room once awake. I told him to look at books quietly until the light turns green. He's having a mini fit because he's used to getting up and roaming around....I'm not giving up though! It's new to him and may take a few days to get into a new routine....right?!

vonfirmath
07-12-2010, 12:58 AM
I don't care about most of the features of the Teach Me Clock (particularly not the story/music/wake music thing). Just the day/night lights one can set a time for.