PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Baby Bjorn Babysitter?

swissair81
07-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I basically have all I need for my upcoming newbie from DCs 1-3, but my bouncer is starting to look a little gross. I was wondering if this was nice?

kristac
07-08-2010, 07:50 AM
We have one this time around (DS1 and DS2 had FP ones) I got it for a song at a garage sale. It's fine- but I don't think I would have paid full price for it. I like that it's simple and not so over stimulating like most baby gear. The toy bar was useless for us. It has a nice bounce and is sturdy (my 5 year old has sat on it).

MontrealMum
07-08-2010, 08:25 AM
We have an older version (black and red) used when DS was a NB thru about 8/9 mos or so, but when it was in use, it was nearly every day. Now that I think of it, probably closer to 8 mos as he crawled at 6.5 and walked at 9.5.

Our living space is extremely small so the big bonus of this bouncer over any other is that it can fold flat when not in use. DS was wiggly enough to make it bounce on its own so we never missed that it wasn't battery-operated or anything. Ours has the toy bar with the bears, which are cute to look at, but not terribly functional. By the time DS was really noticing them and playing with them he was only in the darn thing for another month or so before he was trying to crawl out of it (thus making it tip in a rather dangerous manner!) I've never really played with any other brand so I really can't compare and contrast for you but aesthetically it was more pleasing to me than some since I like simple, clean lines.

Tenasparkl
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
We had one and loved it. My daughter loved to nap in the seat and then when she was a little older she loved to kick her legs and make the seat bounce.