PDA

View Full Version : I am peeved at Toys R' Us

swrc00
07-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Last week I went to TRU and went to go put DS in the cart and couldn't find a single one that didn't have the metel rusted on the seat part of the cart. For months I have thought about contacting customer service. I usually ended up finding one that doesn't have rust and forget about it before I get home. There were seriously 30 carts and not one of them was rust free.
I e-mailed customer service and there response was "we contacted the store, they will try to put some new ones out. Please feel free to contact us again if the problem is not fixed in 7 days." Seriously, they are going to try. I don't even want to think about the amount of money I have spent there and what others have spent from my baby registry and presents for DS.
Maybe I am just overreacting? I am dealing with a lot. DH is doing his iodine radiation this week. But really is expecting a rust free cart that high of an expectation?

wellyes
07-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Our local TRU's entryway smells vaguely of mold. I won't go into that place. I don't think you're expecting too much, but in my experience TRU is not a store worth going to. There is nothing you can get there that you can't get, for at least as good a price, at WalMart or Target or Amazon.com or Diapers.com or AlbeeBaby.

BabyMine
07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I stopped going there becasue of their return policy.

:hug: Hugs to you and your DH. You are both going through a lot.

AshleyAnn
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I used to work at our TRU and now I won't shop there. I hate the business practices. I do occasionally go to BRU if target and walmart do not have what I need but I try to avoid it. I'm excited we're getting a buybuybaby and I'm sure it will put a hurt on our BRU - might even convience them to clean thier restrooms and change the lightbulb in the nursing room (its been out since before DD was born in NOVEMBER)

lizzywednesday
07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I used to work at our TRU and now I won't shop there. I hate the business practices. I do occasionally go to BRU if target and walmart do not have what I need but I try to avoid it. I'm excited we're getting a buybuybaby and I'm sure it will put a hurt on our BRU - might even convience them to clean thier restrooms and change the lightbulb in the nursing room (its been out since before DD was born in NOVEMBER)

I thought the foul conditions were particular to my local BRU ... and now I don't know whether to be relieved or utterly skeeved.

vonfirmath
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Is it possible to get new carts in less than 7 days? I'd have expected a longer lead time!

catsnkid
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
This happened to me at CVS- most of the carts were missing the plastic part of the seat or were cracked.. I put in a gripe to the manager and most of them have been fixed.