PDA

View Full Version : Dear US Postal Carrier:

arivecchi
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
We have been expecting this package for 2 days now. It is late. It is important that we get it today because it contains medication. It would have really been nice if you had KNOCKED on our door instead of simply leaving a notice. There were people in the house, but for whatever reason you decided not to knock. And oh by the way, please stop leaving my mail in my neighbor's mailbox and vice versa. :angry-smiley-005:

KrisM
07-08-2010, 02:08 PM
That's annoying! If it was an Express package that's late, you can get refunded by the post office.

mommylamb
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Grrr... USPS is on my ****list too... though not for any important reason. Just that it keeps taking forever for netflix to get back to wherever netflix go after you mail them off and I go into Dexter withdrawl (our current obsession). Of course, this is not as important as medication. I hope it comes today.

arivecchi
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
That's annoying! If it was an Express package that's late, you can get refunded by the post office. Good to know. I am definitely getting a refund. They are completely incompetent and their CS is the worst.

zoestargrove
07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
that is soo lazy! I hope you get your refund

elektra
07-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Booooo! :thumbsdown:

Toba
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
This happens to us too. I've actually watched my mail carrier leave the mail, go out and get it and there's a notice that *I* have to go to the USPS to pick up the package, letter, etc., when he made absolutely NO attempt to get out of his vehicle, even with my van in the driveway. And it even says that they can make multiple attempts to get your mail to you, but every. single. time. it always says it's the last attempt and that I have a certain date to go pick it up or it gets returned to the sender. This is why I use UPS or FedEx almost exclusively.

I would be LIVID if there was medication sitting on my doorstep in 100 degree weather (at least that's the around the temp in my area) and I'd be making a phone call to the postmaster of your local post office.

lizzywednesday
07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Grrr... USPS is on my ****list too... though not for any important reason. Just that it keeps taking forever for netflix to get back to wherever netflix go after you mail them off and I go into Dexter withdrawl (our current obsession). Of course, this is not as important as medication. I hope it comes today.

I call that list my "fecal roster."

zoestargrove
07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I've actually watched my mail carrier leave the mail, go out and get it and there's a notice that *I* have to go to the USPS to pick up the package, letter, etc., when he made absolutely NO attempt to get out of his vehicle, even with my van in the driveway.

and as if THAT isn't annoying enough - it's not like you can hop right in your car, drive down and get the package because it is still driving around with the lazy a$$ driver until the end of his route. GRRR!

arivecchi
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
and as if THAT isn't annoying enough - it's not like you can hop right in your car, drive down and get the package because it is still driving around with the lazy a$$ driver until the end of his route. GRRR! Exactly! I would glady go to the post office and get it because we need the medication, but the lazy [bleep] is driving around with the package now, so we have to wait until tomorrow. Apparently, the US postal service has not transitioned into the 21st century yet and their carriers cannot be contacted during their route.

I had expressly asked my mother NOT to use the USPS, but she never listens. :shake:

I have to wait until tomorrow to file a complaint because I am beyond p'od today. Chicago is always among the worst cities in terms of US postal services and I can attest to that. :thumbsdown:

sste
07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I feel your pain! The mail carriers in our area are verging on mentally incompetent - - and I mean that seriously. We had one for six months that bypassed all of our individual condo mailboxes and DUMPED the mail for everyone in a huge, unsorted pile on the hallway floor.

That is awful. I hope you are able to track down the medication asap. Just when things are already stressful, the us postal service steps in and makes it worse . . .

Kymberley
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Exactly! I would glady go to the post office and get it because we need the medication, but the lazy [bleep] is driving around with the package now, so we have to wait until tomorrow. Apparently, the US postal service has not transitioned into the 21st century yet and their carriers cannot be contacted during their route.

I had expressly asked my mother NOT to use the USPS, but she never listens. :shake:

I have to wait until tomorrow to file a complaint because I am beyond p'od today. Chicago is always among the worst cities in terms of US postal services and I can attest to that. :thumbsdown:

It wouldn't happen to be the Fort Dearborn PO would it? http://www.yelp.com/biz/us-post-office---fort-dearborn-chicago

If so, then I REALLY feel for you.

ewpmsw
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Everyone on our street gets the neighbors' mail, including the "your pap smear was a-okay" postcards, bills, credit card offers, cards, etc. Telling the post office about it resulted in a pink sticker for our mailbox, which pretty much ID's us as That Family Who Complained. Nothing else has changed.

I received the neighbor kids' medication by mistake and ended up in the middle of a mom-vs-USPS tiff I'd prefer to have avoided. And don't get me started on UPS - They can't seem to manage less than 40 mph on our 15-25 mph street, and lots of the heavier boxes they've delivered look like they've been tossed out of the truck as it sped past.

AbbysMom
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
On man those reviews are wicked! That's terrible! Sorry OP - hope you get what you need soon!

arivecchi
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Gosh I love yelp. Chicago yelpers are awesome. I rely on those reviews. They are always right.

For more information about the stellar postal service in Chicago:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/432978/worst_post_offices_in_the_country.html

Kymberley
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
:eek: I'm...at a loss...