PDA

View Full Version : hands-free pumping bustier

♥ms.pacman♥
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
just got a Simple Wishes hands-free bustier the other day. tried it (with my Medela Pump-in-Style advanced) this morning, and.....

i am KICKING myself for not getting this sooner! :) it the best.thing.ever... is soo useful. hands-free is soo much better than having to hold the darn things up (especially if baby is fussing nearby, and don't have a free hand to do anything).

i don't know why these things aren't more popular, or why they aren't sold in more places (BRU, etc). i found mine at the lactation store in my hospital and i only heard about it bc an LC who taught the breastfeeding class i took while preggo had mentioned it. she said it was just easier to get $30 bustier rather than pay extra $90 for Freestyle version of Medela pump. i never thot to get one though since i SAH and only pumped 1-2x a week so i didnt' think i really needed it. well now that ds has been eating solids and i pump almost every day (to get milk for rice cereal, etc) plus ds requires more attention, having hands-free option is really handy!!

babychi
07-08-2010, 09:11 PM
just got a Simple Wishes hands-free bustier the other day. tried it (with my Medela Pump-in-Style advanced) this morning, and.....

i am KICKING myself for not getting this sooner! :) it the best.thing.ever... is soo useful. hands-free is soo much better than having to hold the darn things up (especially if baby is fussing nearby, and don't have a free hand to do anything).

i don't know why these things aren't more popular, or why they aren't sold in more places (BRU, etc). i found mine at the lactation store in my hospital and i only heard about it bc an LC who taught the breastfeeding class i took while preggo had mentioned it. she said it was just easier to get $30 bustier rather than pay extra $90 for Freestyle version of Medela pump. i never thot to get one though since i SAH and only pumped 1-2x a week so i didnt' think i really needed it. well now that ds has been eating solids and i pump almost every day (to get milk for rice cereal, etc) plus ds requires more attention, having hands-free option is really handy!!

I totally agree! I have one at work and one at home and they've been lifesavers for me during pumping sessions! :)

scmama
07-08-2010, 09:20 PM
This was a lifesaver for me when I was pumping at work! Love these.

lizzywednesday
07-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Honey, I just recommended this to a friend's pregnant GF who intends to breastfeed & will be returning to work after their DS arrives in November.

I now need a second one because I used mine exclusively as my only bra while DD was still in the hospital so it's kind of worn out.

Also, I heard that the Freestyle's hands-free option doesn't play nicely with bigger chests (IIRC, you are also well-endowed?), so the Simple Wishes is a better bet anyway.

Andi98989
07-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Isn't it fabulous?!? I LOVE mine. I started with an Easy Expressions one and it was okay, but then DH got me a Simple Wishes and it is the best thing ever. I EP and wear mine every single time I pump. It's amazing.

I did have a FreeStyle that I used for a while so I could keep one pump at home and one at work. I am pretty large chested (34J) and wasn't able to use their "built in" hands free. I still used the Simple Wishes with it. I did love having the battery pack and being able to move around while I pumped, though.

BabyBearsMom
07-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I love the hands free bras. That way I can pump at work and still be productive. Plus, I find that I get more milk with the bra then I do when I hold the pump. I don't know why, but I'll take it. Best invention ever.

LadyPeter
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Hurray! I ordered the Simple Wishes on Amazon and it came a few days ago. I don't need it yet, but I'm glad to hear it's working so well!

ladyJ
07-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I love the bustier! I have a Freestyle but prefer to use the bustier instead. Easier set up! Now that I am back to work just trying to put on all the handsfree straps is too time consuming. And if you don't get it just right... ugh!
(However, there are other advantages to the Freestyle, if anyone is considering it.)

jdienstag
07-21-2010, 02:24 PM
I have a very silly question (due in August)
In order to use these bustiers wouldn't you need to take off your shirt and bra and put this on?
Seems like a lot of trouble to do at work. My workplace will not take kindly to pumping sessions and I'll be borrowing peoples offices so I'll need t be speedy!

Thanks,
Jodi

citymama
07-21-2010, 02:27 PM
So Simple Wishes or Easy Expressions - which is the preferred one for ease of pumping? I'm kicking myself because I just saw someone giving one away NIB in my size on my mom's listserve and I didn't email to claim it (it's been taken by now). Maybe this will make me hate pumping less. How do these things even work?

BabyBearsMom
07-21-2010, 02:59 PM
I have a very silly question (due in August)
In order to use these bustiers wouldn't you need to take off your shirt and bra and put this on?
Seems like a lot of trouble to do at work. My workplace will not take kindly to pumping sessions and I'll be borrowing peoples offices so I'll need t be speedy!

Thanks,
Jodi

I just unbutton or pull up my shirt, unlatch my nursing bra and then you zip the bra around you (it is strapless). It takes about 30 seconds to put it on, and then I can do work while I pump. I will answer e-mails, read reports etc...or mess around on this board, more likely, but I can at least pretend that I am working, right?

jdienstag
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
So it actually goes over your regular nursing bra? GOt it. I was thinking getting totally undressed didn't seem worth it. This makes much more sense.

lizzywednesday
07-30-2010, 05:58 PM
So it actually goes over your regular nursing bra? GOt it. I was thinking getting totally undressed didn't seem worth it. This makes much more sense.

Oh absolutely it goes over your regular nursing bra.

Alternately, you could use it as your primary bra, though I do not recommend it as it's next to impossible to keep leaks at bay. (After 2 weeks EPing for my DD during her CICU stay, I was happy to transition to regular nursing bras!!!!)

lizzywednesday
07-30-2010, 06:08 PM
So Simple Wishes or Easy Expressions - which is the preferred one for ease of pumping? I'm kicking myself because I just saw someone giving one away NIB in my size on my mom's listserve and I didn't email to claim it (it's been taken by now). Maybe this will make me hate pumping less. How do these things even work?

Hands down, the Simple Wishes one is highly recommended over the EE.

(I think Andi has tried both and she's raved about the SW!!!)

Basically, they hold the horns in place on your boobs so you can do other things while you pump.

I don't know about the EE, but the SW has a dual-layer opening with horizontal and vertical slits to help the horns align properly and hold more firmly to your breast.

The SW bustier has the additional bonus of being highly adjustable so you can get a great fit for your body!