PDA

View Full Version : make milk delicious!!

prats
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
I have been drinking milk flavoured with some or the other chocolate powder like hersheys and nesquick.............does anyone have suggestions for any delicious powder or liquid that i can add to milk.............i am tired of this choco flavours now!!!

SnuggleBuggles
07-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Horizon vanilla milk? They sell it in little boxes (think juice boxes).

I'm not a fan of the extra ingredients in Nesquick and Hershey's so I avoid them. But, I had a special love for chocolate milk and drank Organic Valley premade chocolate milk practically by the gallon. :) Explains why I gained 40lbs with ds2. :) That would be worth a try b/c it is delicious!!! I know it's still chocolate but it's so much better.

For a chocolate syrup that doesn't have HFCS and other stuff, Trader Joe's sells Midnight Moo. Just in case you were interested.

Beth

BabyBearsMom
07-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I drank Ovaltine when I was pregnant. I actually really developed a taste for it. I also liked Carnation Instant Breakfast. I don't like milk, so making it yummy really helped.

wellyes
07-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Carnation Instant Breakfast - I had one just about every day when I was pregnant. Protein packed and delicious. A meal replacement but only 250 calories or so (I did have mine with a bagel on very hungry days). Blend with a banana for a potassium punch and I sometimes even added a spoonful of peanut butter.

BabyBearsMom
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Carnation Instant Breakfast - I had one just about every day when I was pregnant. Protein packed and delicious. A meal replacement but only 250 calories or so (I did have mine with a bagel on very hungry days). Blend with a banana for a potassium punch and I sometimes even added a spoonful of peanut butter.

Peanut butter! I can't believe I didn't think of that! Now I wish I was pregnant just so I could drink that and not have to worry about the calories. :ROTFLMAO:

trentsmom
07-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Get some flavored syrups like Torani (http://www.torani.com/). Lots of flavors to choose from.

swissair81
07-09-2010, 02:02 PM
When I'm pregnant, I crave plain milk. It's pretty strange, considering that I usually don't drink it much.

Sweetum
07-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I hated milk when I was pg, not that I love it now. But I drank it with protinex powder - protein powder. I think it's a Brit brand, that's available in Indian stores in the US. Btw, there's mama protinex too that has some DHA, I believe.

ewpmsw
07-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Haven't tried it yet, but a pg friend suggests adding a bit of flavored coffee creamer to milk.

wellyes
07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Another thing I did while PG was go to Starbucks or similar coffee shops and order a large steamed milk with flavored syrup. It was such a treat - divine. I think I got the idea from Parents magazine.

nupe
07-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Oregon chai!
http://www.oregonchai.com/

Edensmum
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
You don't need to drink milk if you don't like it. It's actually something allergists caution against getting too much of while pregnant.