PDA

View Full Version : WWYD re. defective Hanna LJs

ett
07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
So I ordered 2 pairs of Hanna LJ's from the $17.50 outlet sale that just happened recently. I noticed the other day that the threading on one of the tops is coming apart in 2 different places. I call Hanna CS and the rep told me that I can most certainly return them and get a refund, but she cannot do an exchange since there isn't any reduced price LJs in stock. So here are my 2 choices.

1. Return them and get the $17.50 back. If an outlet has a set on sale, I would still have to pay the shipping. I most certainly am not going to pay full price at the store, even without the shipping cost.

2. Sew it up myself and continue to use it. But I know I won't be able to resell it after my boys are done with it.

WWYD?

Needless to say, I am very disappointed. Next time there's a sale, I'm going to order an extra pair just in case!

elektra
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, I don't sew so I would return it.
This happened to me once too. The zipper broke on DD's HA zipper PJ's and I sent it back but could only exchange it for certain patters that were available for the same price I got the original PJ's for.
We are still using the replaced PJ's for DS though!

WatchingThemGrow
07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
I wonder if you called the outlet directly the mgr. would offer any other options. Better go check mine. I got 4 pairs at that sale.

ett
07-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, I don't sew so I would return it.
This happened to me once too. The zipper broke on DD's HA zipper PJ's and I sent it back but could only exchange it for certain patters that were available for the same price I got the original PJ's for.
We are still using the replaced PJ's for DS though!

I don't have a sewing machine so I would just be doing it by hand and hope that it holds up.

ett
07-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I wonder if you called the outlet directly the mgr. would offer any other options. Better go check mine. I got 4 pairs at that sale.

I hadn't thought about calling the outlet. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

citymama
07-11-2010, 03:21 AM

That's what I would do too. Definitely ask to speak with the store manager. I would push Hanna (either store mgr or c/s folks) to make this right, one way or other. You shouldn't have to sew up a new pair of HA jammies!

ett
07-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestion to call the outlet manager. I did that and she was very helpful and told me that I could take it to the retail store close to my house and do an exchange there. She also emailed the manager at the retail store to make sure it was okay. So I went today and picked out a brand new pair of LJ from the store. The SA did tell me that in general they only do even exchanges.