PDA

View Full Version : Robeez for toddlers

jennilynn
07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Anyone tried the Robeez toddler type shoes, not the soft leather baby shoes. I'm thinking of getting these sandals for DS:
http://www.robeez.com/Robeez-1st-Stepz-Organic-Finn-Sandal-navy--Robeez-baby-shoes/product.aspx?ProductID=1077&deptid=368&PriceCat=2&Lang=EN-US

Also, any deals out there?

Thanks!

maylips
07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
I bought some for DD (who was 3 in March) from Nordstrom's when they were having their 1/2 yearly sale a month or so ago. I wish I had a link but I can't find them.

Anyhoo, they seemed comfortable enough for DD but they did not hold up well. They got filthy immediately, which I figured they would (they were pink canvas) but what killed me was the strings on the stitching around the toes unraveled and poked out. It didn't make holes in the shoes, but it made them look terrible. They also immediately looked scuffed and worn after one wear. I wouldn't recommend Robeez for older kids based on this experience.

MolieMuts
07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
DS had the Robeez Tredz tennis shoe, not sandal. I really liked them. They were flexible, not clunky and easy to put on. I don't know about any deals, as I got his from Ross for $9.99. Ross is pretty hit or miss though. Based on my experience with them I would recommend.

GonnaBeNana
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I haven't tried any, but my grand nephew has used them. My niece complained that the dyes used in many of them, rubbed off on his feet or his socks and it would not wash out of his socks at all. She buys the Bobux brand exclusively now because they are all organic and the dyes and glues are as well. This is great if your child is still in the "I chew on my feet" mode too. They dyes don't bleed and they hold up well. They make crib shoes and ones for older kids as well.

Their site is www.bobux.com

Beth

heatherandlouis
07-09-2010, 05:39 PM
We have quite a few pairs of Robeez Tredz and my son loves them. He has worn Robeez his entire life and they all still look like new.

4birds
07-09-2010, 06:26 PM
We have a pair of leather mary janes that were purchased from Ross as well. I almost didn't buy them because they are size 18-24 months and my DD was over 24 months at the time. That was in December. They remain her favorite shoes and have held up incredibly well! My only advice would be to check the size (go by the actual shoe size as opposed to the age range listed)

shawnandangel
07-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I love the Robeez Tredz. They are durable, comfortable and stay on their feet while being easy to put on. I highly recommend!

Dream
07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
I was thinking about buying the pink version of that exact sandals for DD.

How flexible are they? And does anyone know the difference between Robeez tredz and Robeez 1st stepz?

reissgirl
07-10-2010, 11:17 AM
We bought these Robeez sneakers for DS:

http://www.zappos.com/robeez-guitar-vulcanized-infant-toddler-blue

They did not hold up well at all. The rubber of the sole came apart from the shoe after a month or so of wear. We returned them to Nordstrom for a pair of Stride Rite sneakers that are going strong three months later.