PDA

View Full Version : Chick-Fil-A Cow Appreciation Day - Today! Anybody going?

WatchingThemGrow
07-09-2010, 03:34 PM
We've made it there at least once for the past 3 years. Time to go find our old masks and cut some black spots out to pin on our onesies... There's a kit to make your own on the site.

http://www.cowappreciationday.com/

Anyone else go? My niece jumped in the fun a few years back and won a HUGE cow for having the best cow- attitude or something that night.

srhs
07-09-2010, 03:48 PM
we're in!
headed to the chicken madhouse with 2 LOs all by myself! hoping my friends show up too so we can corral the whole gang!
They were actually handing out the spots in sticker sets this week so dressing up will be easy!

Seitvonzu
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
we actually went to chik fil a YESTERDAY-- but i did ask for cow hats in case daddy wanted to take lucy. he did. they rang up two sandwiches, but when they got hom ehe only had one :( oh well.

lucy was proud to show me her cow hat though!

BabyMine
07-09-2010, 04:30 PM
We have never done this before. Can you go through drive thru?

Seitvonzu
07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
i am also curious about the drive through possibility?

GonnaBeNana
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I am so utterly jealous! Chick-Fil-A is my ABSOLUTE fast food restaurant in the whole world and we don't have ONE in all of ND!!! EVERY time I travel to where there is one, I practically live there! I'm a FB fan and have been reading about it today and my mouth is watering for some nuggets, waffle fries and a big class of sweet tea.

Beth

Melaine
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, I wasn't planning on it, but we were at the mall and a girl brought a pile of cow hats to Children's Place. My children are deathly afraid of the big cow that is sometimes there for events. Anyway, I peeked around the corner and saw that NO ONE was in line at Chik-fil-a (this was like 11:15!) and no cow in sight. So I went up and we got our free chicken nuggets. Then while we are waiting for our food, the cow came waltzing up to us and both DDs started screaming in fear. DD1 is worse, but DD2 assumes she must be correct in her utter terror so they both melted down. They were really quick getting our food and I darted off to a very far away table. The girls STILL refused to eat and I couldn't go back to the restaurant to get a to-go bag, so I put all our food in a Buildabear bag and took it home.
It cracks me up that they are so afraid of it, since their loveys are these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013A1PVE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000932COU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1XE8H3VJHADV3HWZAS40

Great story, huh? But we love Chik-fil-a....why couldn't they be afraid of Ronald McDonald or something?

Gracemom
07-09-2010, 05:30 PM
My DS is terrified of the cows too! We went on a school fundraising night and had no idea the cows would be there. One was 8 feet tall and scared me! My DS buried his head in my lap the whole time. Now he only wants to go through the drive thru!

Melaine
07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
My DS is terrified of the cows too! We went on a school fundraising night and had no idea the cows would be there. One was 8 feet tall and scared me! My DS buried his head in my lap the whole time. Now he only wants to go through the drive thru!

Yes, one time we actually had to PULL out of the drive through line and leave because the girls were so hysterical that the cow was inside the store! They were maybe 18 months old at that point though....