PDA

View Full Version : Seen any great deals on size 8 slim boys jeans/pants?

crl
07-09-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm trying to finish up back to school for ds and could use a couple more pairs of size 8 slim pants or jeans. LE Overstocks at around $15 is the best I'm seeing atm. Anyone come across a better deal?

Oh, and while I'm asking, good socks at a good price?

Thanks!
Catherine

HIU8
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
JCP usually has their arizone jeans for $11 on sale. I've bought DS slims there before. There are better quality jeans, but the price was right. Old Navy does slims in size 6 and above. You might be able to find something there. TCP also sells slims online, but I have no idea the price. Their prices are usually pretty reasonable though.

DS just moved into 6 slims for the fall, so I am also looking now.

crl
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks. No luck at TCP or ON. I'll check on JCP. You might look at Crazy 8, none in our size, but didn't check other sizes.

Catherine

HIU8
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Is Crazy 8 a brand or a store. I have heard of it, but if it's a store, it's not around here B&M that is.

crl
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I've never seen a b&m store. I think it is related to gymboree in a corporate way? Google and you'll get their website. I scored there a couple of years ago when ds first started needing slims, but haven't hit any slims on sale in his size since.

Catherine

MizMojoLaveau
07-10-2010, 11:06 AM
My Gap had some jeans last weekend on clearance. There were several styles and were marked down to $8-$13. I was lucky enough to find an $8 pair in the size slim we needed!

hellokitty
07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Crazy 8, had a fantastic sale not too long ago, maybe a month? I got some slim ADJUSTABLE waist (this is the first I've ever seen this combo) for my 6 yr old son for $6.99/pr. I should have stocked up, but I only bought one pr. At least now I know where to look. He is so skinny, he can't even wear slim pants, they still fall off, so I need the adjustable waist too. :rolleye0014: Wish I were that skinny...

SpaceGal
07-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I stocked up at the Crazy8 sale too. My friend recommended their jeans to me saying that she felt the quality was better than Old Navy. I also found size 8s at Gap. If you don't care about brands that much I saw a lot of boys jeans on sale at Target the other day. I can't remember how much but it was on the clearance rack.

crl
07-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the ideas! Our gap had nothing on sale in ds' size. Neither did Crazy 8. No Targets anywhere near me (crazy, I know, but none in SF city limits). I'll keep that in mind though in case I make the trek.

I know what you mean about the waists. I had ds try on the LE climber pants i had bought ahead for him--8 slim. Had to tighten the belt on him. Too bad boys don't wear capris. I could buy him size 4 pants and call them capris. LOL.

I'm not desperate 'cause he has two pairs of climbers, one pair of jeans and 4 pairs of gap sweatpants plus whatever is salvageable from what he is wearing right now. Maybe I'll come up with something in the back to school sales.

Catherine

ECMom
07-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Gymboree has slims as well. I get my son's uniform khakis there since they don't wrinkle alot. I find they run a little longer than the ones from Gap. As it's gets closer to school starting, prices will be way down. I normally get them in August with a coupon.

sariana
07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
I second JCP Arizona Slims (but not the carpenter style). My DS needs really narrow pants, and I just bought him 4 pairs of the Arizonas because they worked so well last season (but now are getting too short).

Kohl's Sonoma brand runs really narrow at the waist. I tried the slims last year for DS, and they were TOO tight. I had to exchange them for the regular ones, which also are pretty narrow. But the legs are wider than the Arizona, so they "billow" a little bit. But if your DS has a tiny waist, you might want to try the Sonoma slim size.

I know what you mean about capris. DS is all leg. He can still wear 4T shorts, but he needs size 6 jeans for the length. If he didn't wear slims, he would be in bloomers.

ETA: I think the Arizona jeans were about $13 a pair on sale. They have frequent sales.

HIU8
07-16-2010, 10:20 AM
FWIW, ALL of DS's slim pants have adjustable waists that I have had to adjust to make even smaller so they don't fall off. I have never seen slim pants without adjustable waists actually. I assumed they all were like that.

HIU8
07-16-2010, 10:22 AM
2 years ago I stocked up on 2 pr jeans in each size (4-7) in the slims. DS is currently in his size 6 slims. I do find that the Arizona jeans can't take as hard a beating on the knees though. We tend to need patches pretty quickly as DS wears right through the knees.

crl
07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
2 years ago I stocked up on 2 pr jeans in each size (4-7) in the slims. DS is currently in his size 6 slims. I do find that the Arizona jeans can't take as hard a beating on the knees though. We tend to need patches pretty quickly as DS wears right through the knees.

That is good to know as ds has been wearing through knees like crazy lately. I've seen some slim jeans with no adjuster. Can't remember the brand.

Catherine