PDA

View Full Version : Disney for 6 year old birthday, help us celebrate/eating?

Edensmum
07-09-2010, 09:21 PM
We are taking dd for her 6th birthday to Disney, we got a great deal on Port Orleans and would like to do a special meal on her actual birthday and I want to book that ahead so we are covered as it's Labor Day weekend and that's likely to be busy. What Can we do to that would be really fun. She is super into the fairies and Phineus and Ferb though I don't know of attractions related to either of them other character things would be good or a fun eating out. Ideas? Deals?
Thanks!

DebbieJ
07-10-2010, 12:18 AM
There is very little (if any) Phineas and Ferb at the parks, which is surprising since it's their #1 show on Disney Channel. I bought DS a P&F t-shirt on Disneystore.com

You could certainly book a character meal somewhere. I don't know if there is one with the fairies, though.

JTsMom
07-10-2010, 08:34 AM
I know this will sound crazy, but if you're going for Labor Day, you're actually pretty late to be booking dining. Things will likely be very picked over, so you're going to have a limited selection. People start booking dining 180 days out.

Here's a list of characters, and where their meals are.
http://allears.net/din/cbchar.htm

Cinderella's Royal Table, Park Faire, and Askerhaus are all popular princess meals.

Good luck! :)

g-mama
07-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I know this will sound crazy, but if you're going for Labor Day, you're actually pretty late to be booking dining. Things will likely be very picked over, so you're going to have a limited selection. People start booking dining 180 days out.

I read this all the time, but we have done two Disney trips in the last three years and both have been trips we decided to take just 4-6 weeks ahead of time and we had very little problem booking dining reservations that we wanted. Labor Day probably won't be very crowded, IMO, because school-aged children will have just gone back to school or be about to go back.

egoldber
07-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes, Labor Day is generally a low crowd level time.

We have also had good luck getting reservations with a few weeks notice, but we were also not very picky about days or times. It would be a lot more stressful on the dining plan and needing to plan a table service every day kind of thing.

For a 6 year old girl, I think that 1900 Park Fare would be a wonderful place for a birthday party. Crystal Palace too, if she isn't already "too old" for Pooh and Friends. Make sure to call the restaurant ahead of time and tell them it is her birthday. They will bring out a candle in her dessert, sing Happy Birthday, and have signed card. You can also order an actual cake for a fee.

ETA: Make sure you get a Happy Birthday button at Guest Relations that day. Characters and other workers will all wish her a Happy Birthday and make her feel special. :)

alien_host
07-10-2010, 06:37 PM
If you mention her birthday when you do on-line check-in, they probably will have a birthday button waiting for her at the lobby of the resort when you check in (or ask the person checking you in for one)...that makes one less line to wait in.

JTsMom
07-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I read this all the time, but we have done two Disney trips in the last three years and both have been trips we decided to take just 4-6 weeks ahead of time and we had very little problem booking dining reservations that we wanted. Labor Day probably won't be very crowded, IMO, because school-aged children will have just gone back to school or be about to go back.

Well, it's going to depend on certain things. I'm guessing you aren't booking stuff like CRT and Park Faire for you boys. ;) If you're trying to do something like dinner in one of the Epcot countries, at any point during your trip, during a slow time, sure, you'll probably find something.

With the free dining promo though, even those types of things will be harder to come by.

Last year, at 90 days out (which is when they opened ADR's at that time), I was up and online at 6 am, with an extremely detailed plan for booking our ADR's. I still didn't get everything I wanted!

Edensmum
07-11-2010, 09:53 AM
What is the free dining promo?

g-mama
07-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Well, it's going to depend on certain things. I'm guessing you aren't booking stuff like CRT and Park Faire for you boys. ;)

Actually, I booked a 9:30 Park Faire breakfast and a 1pm Plaza lunch! :) It was about 3 weeks out and we went end of January.

egoldber
07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Just for giggles, I did a search for Disney character dining on-line for the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. There are many dinner options available, including 1900 Park Fare, Akershus and The Crystal Palace. But I would book now. :)

Edensmum
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Actually, I booked a 9:30 Park Faire breakfast and a 1pm Plaza lunch! :) It was about 3 weeks out and we went end of January.

We have always called while already on site and gotten into Park Faire and Crystal Palace Etc. Sometimes a night is sold out and we are flexible and do the next one. I will be calling this week thought since it's a Birthday and she has opinions on what she wants to do. At first she said, no to Cinderella, she wanted to go to Boma for their Frunch juice. Now she wants a princess meal.