PDA

View Full Version : Target Dollar Spot BLACK DOT 75% off

winter75
07-10-2010, 11:54 AM
The BLACK DOT items in the Target Dollar Spot were 75% off at the Grapevine, TX Target this morning. They had two packs of Alkaline Rayovac (AA & AAA) batteries, Hello Kitty and Toy Story (gray solider) socks, magnetic Hello Kitty notepads for 25 cents each. The Black Dot items were 50% off at the Hurst, TX Target store yesterday, so I am not sure if every Target has it 75% off yet or not.

Melarina
07-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks for this info -- two Target stores had 75% on black dot here. Found the kids' socks plus some adult socks, sets of Hello Kitty color pencils, Toy Story pencil sets, comic books (Toy Story and Cars), tissue paper packs, birthday cards, and notepads all at 75%.

Twin Mom
07-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the tip. Got a few things at 75% off today.

christiedavid3
07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks, gonna check today. Some of these items would help on our upcoming trips.

infocrazy
07-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I am going to check a different store today. Mine was only 50% but didn't have any Toy Story stuff. DS1 wants a Toy Story Birthday Party so the pencil packs would be GREAT favors...particularly at a quarter!

mom2mack&max
07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks! Went yesterday and got a bunch of craft items for 25 cents each - wiggly eyes, stick on gems & foam letters and shapes. Several foam frame craft sets & plastic bowls & placemats - Elmo, Barbie, etc.

Gracemom
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I got finger paint and some hair accessories. Not bad for a quarter each!

christiedavid3
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
NOTHING at my local Target. I'm going to stop at another store on my way home. I'd love to get some of those craft supplies!

Olivia1094
07-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks OP! I didn't find anything today that was 75% off, but I did find a bunch of cool books and flashcards for $1 (all brown dot). I wouldn't have checked if not for your post. :thumbsup:

I'm going to hit another Target tonight. (Have to go anyway.)

Twin Mom
07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I think all the 75% off stuff was cleared out for the school supplies.

Olivia1094
07-15-2010, 12:56 AM
I think all the 75% off stuff was cleared out for the school supplies.

I think so too. The second Target I went to was about the same. There were some different classic books. (I can't remember exactly, I think The Secret Garden and then some others that might appeal more to just girls--I have a boy.) Still, a great find! I went a little overboard and spent $15 at the first Target. LO just turned 7 months today, so I'm a little early LOL. I plan to use the flash cards myself since I'm a little rusty on the Presidents, States/Capitals, etc.

I did see some craft stuff, but nothing I needed so I didn't check the price. Mostly school stuff though.

skohng
07-15-2010, 11:30 AM
anyone know if these items were clearanced?

- Dr. Seuss resuable bags
- puzzles
- packs of pencils
- magnetic alphabets and numbers

I remember eyeing these last week :) Thanks!

rlu
07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
No % off at the Westgate (Bay Area) store. Our Dollar Spot has been shrunk as they are remodeling to bring in fresh produce.

The "comic books" were mostly Pooh with only a few copies of the Cars one. There were lots of the books and flashcards PP have mentioned.

ckso
07-16-2010, 05:51 PM
our target in had some black dot items but were still $1.00. I asked the cashier and told her that I thought the yellow and brown dot items were still full price but that the black dots items were clearance. She said she didn't know but that it was still going to cost $1. What's up with that?

Twin Mom
07-17-2010, 11:35 AM
It might be a new set of black dot stuff so only the old black dot stuff which is no longer in the store was 75% off.

our target in had some black dot items but were still $1.00. I asked the cashier and told her that I thought the yellow and brown dot items were still full price but that the black dots items were clearance. She said she didn't know but that it was still going to cost $1. What's up with that?

Seitvonzu
07-17-2010, 11:45 AM
it depends how much of it they have sometimes-- if they just have VERY little OR if they have TONS (and need it GONE) they'll mark it down to 75% off. i remember one easter time they brought out boxes and boxes at my local target of hats that had been gone since the beginning of the cycle-- they were a quarter. and then 10 cents! i have about 20 still :) (and we use them ALL THE TIME... slowy using them up :)

so yeah-- it's hit or miss :) i have bought lots of the current stuff-- GASP-- FULL PRICE !

ckso
07-17-2010, 04:57 PM
It might be a new set of black dot stuff so only the old black dot stuff which is no longer in the store was 75% off.

I didn't think so. When the cashier rang it up, a message came up that required the cashier to type in a dollar amount. But the yellow and brown dot ones rang perfectly fine. So I told the cashier I think it's because it's clearance items so it's not even recognizing the sku.

Anyways, I ended up going back cuz they had a few black dot things I was interested in and after speaking with a supervisor, he confirmed that they were indeed on clearance and allowed the discount.

pjsmom30
07-17-2010, 07:10 PM
anyone know if these items were clearanced?

- Dr. Seuss resuable bags
- puzzles
- packs of pencils
- magnetic alphabets and numbers

I remember eyeing these last week :) Thanks!

at our Target all the Dr Seuss stuff was full price.

alien_host
07-20-2010, 01:43 PM
I couldn't find any black dot items...and we love the hello kitty note pads here.

Anyway, I eneded up with about $10 worth of full priced BTS stuff...the workbooks are decent....a few weeks ago we got the subtraction one and she has almost finished it. I picked up addition and a phonics one. Pencils, two bingo games (math and time), some gift bags, adorable owl note cards, and other stuff I am forgetting.

The Dollar Spot is addicting!

srhs
07-20-2010, 02:02 PM
I didn't think so. When the cashier rang it up, a message came up that required the cashier to type in a dollar amount. But the yellow and brown dot ones rang perfectly fine. So I told the cashier I think it's because it's clearance items so it's not even recognizing the sku.

Anyways, I ended up going back cuz they had a few black dot things I was interested in and after speaking with a supervisor, he confirmed that they were indeed on clearance and allowed the discount.
That message is INF (Item Not Found), meaning it should've all gone to salvage. But that Dollar Spot stuff is easily mixed in, and it's very hard for them to get it all. If you scan it at a self-scanner, it will tell you the same thing, INF. They are supposed to sell it to you for the last known price, which would be 75% off. As we all know, Targets sometimes like to make all kinds of things up. But that is what is supposed to happen. :)

Twin Mom
07-20-2010, 11:49 PM

I saw a couple of red, white and blue things so they definitely weren't new. I didn't want them so I didn't bother to see how they rang up so there are a few things left if you look really hard.