PDA

View Full Version : Another WDW stroller question

almostmom
07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
My parents just booked us at the Wilderness Cabins for the first week in January for 4 nights - yeah! I'm so excited - haven't been since I was a kid, and we'll be there with my parents and siblings. I'm guessing we'll go only one more time when the kids are a few years older, so it's a big deal! More questions will surely come.

But right now I'm wondering if I will need to bring a stroller for my 5 (DD) and 7 (DS) year olds? We don't have any good strollers anymore (they haven't gone in them for a couple of years when I had an awesome double that I have since sold). So it would be something I'd want to look around for on CL if we'd need it. Or we could rent one. DD can be slow and get cranky, DS is a trooper and can walk a long way.

Thoughts?

lhafer
07-12-2010, 06:39 PM
How much do they weigh? I would probably get a Maclaren Volo and they could switch off if needed. You can try to finf one on clearance at BRU. I just managred to score one for $60 new.

almostmom
07-12-2010, 07:19 PM
They aren't small. Dd is probably 45 pounds, and DS probably 55. I don't have a scale, so I forget, but basically at the top of the height and weight limits for their ages. They aren't wide, and DS is pretty skinny these days, but they aren't small.

DebbieJ
07-12-2010, 07:25 PM
We pushed our ~50# 6 yo in a Volo at WDW last month. INDISPENSABLE!

lhafer
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Volo has a 55lb weight limit, so that would work.

Momof3Labs
07-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Your 7yo will probably be fine most of the time. But I would count on your 5yo riding some of the time, especially later in your trip or at the end of long days.