PDA

View Full Version : Quick -- does LE women's swimwear run TTS?

bubbaray
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Anyone know how LE women's swimwear fits -- specifically their Beach Living line?

TIA

WatchingThemGrow
07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
I have a BL halter and swim mini http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingFloralVneckHalterTankiniSwimTop~203456_ 59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HFQ&CM_MERCH=IDX_00006__0000000652&origin=index
and they both seem TTS, from what I can tell. They fit really well and are so comfy. I think you recommended them originally, no?

bubbaray
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I have some older Faille stuff. Granted, I got it when I was BFg the girls and the fit isn't great. Plus, their sizing seems to have changed a bit over the years. I feel like I need a smaller size. Trust me, its not because I've lost weight (I did last year, but have gained most of it back -- I'm looking at some of their tummy control stuff).

Thanks!

Karenn
07-13-2010, 12:00 AM
I've got the set WTG linked to, and it's pretty true to size, as far as I can tell. I agree that it fits really well & is super comfy.

ciw
07-13-2010, 12:05 AM
I agree, mostly true to size. I just tried this line on at Sears the other day and I thought the Beach Living line was made much better than some of their other swimsuits -- though I ended up buying a Nike tankini from Kohl's instead. I usually size down in LE but I didn't need to with this line. The halter tankini tops and scoop tankini tops fit true to size. The one exception were tops in this style with the side ruching: http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingFloralLoopAdjustableTunicSwimTop~203506 _59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HFQ&CM_MERCH=search-_-beach+living&origin=search. They were really loose in the stomach with lots of extra fabric -- almost like maternity wear. I don't think a smaller size would have helped. (That may just have been a combo of the style and my body type though. (I'm very tall and lanky).

Also, this swim skirt seemed a little longer than most swim skirts -- that's a good thing in my book but if you're petite the mini swim skirt might work better. http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingTummyControlSwimMini~191497_59.html?bcc =y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=search-_-beach+living&origin=search

bubbaray
07-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I have a BL halter and swim mini http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingFloralVneckHalterTankiniSwimTop~203456_ 59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HFQ&CM_MERCH=IDX_00006__0000000652&origin=index
and they both seem TTS, from what I can tell. They fit really well and are so comfy. I think you recommended them originally, no?

That is the top I like. Can't figure out if I want the tummy control mini that ciw posted to or the mini one in this photo. I'm 5'9" with a 34" inseam. a 14" mini (tummy one) seems long.

Sigh. I hate bathing suits.

I need to eat. I'm HUNGRY.

ciw
07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
If it helps, I'm an inch and a half taller than you, size 4. I didn't think the skirt was too long on me but it was definitely longer than the other skirts I tried on.

WatchingThemGrow
07-13-2010, 05:58 AM
I say go for the shorter skirt. 1) the longer one felt like it would be so much extra fabric in the water. Heck, the skirt in general felt weird after years of regular swimsuit bottoms. 2) You aren't getting any younger. Save the longer, more modest skirts for when you're old. 3) DH will appreciate the shorter, spunkier one.

kerridean
07-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I always size up one size for bathing suits, and have done so for Lands End.

kdeunc
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
I have both of the minis and they are fine but I really like the shorter one better. I didn't realize that I had ordered two different ones. duh! :)

bubbaray
07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone. I ordered the tank (in solid and dot) and the mini swim mini today. I ended up calling their personal shoppers and taking my measurements (ugh) and they suggested that I'd be more comfy in the 10 in the bust in particular.

I'm curious how they fit....

Can I just say, there are few things in this world I hate more than swimsuit shopping?