PDA

View Full Version : Target $$ Spot....Good school stuff

Melaine
07-13-2010, 11:57 AM
I was hoping to find some of the 75% off stuff, but it was cleared out. The new back to school section had some GREAT stuff though! Some awesome puzzles for preschoolers (24 piece, I'm guessing), workbooks (alphabet, numbers, etc), dry-erase sets, foam clocks for teaching the time, lots of different flashcards, and a bunch more all for $1. I tried to hold back, but saw lots of homeschooling/preschool goodies! HTHS!

vonfirmath
07-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I bought several of those puzzles for my son's upcoming birthday because he loves 24 piece puzzles.

I also got several packages of "counting circles/triangles/blocks" that have 50 foam shapes in different colors inside. Hope they don't end up being just more mess in the house!

Even though my son is too young, I picked up dinosaurs, insect, and animal cards for the pictures on them.

Melaine
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I also got several packages of "counting circles/triangles/blocks" that have 50 foam shapes in different colors inside. Hope they don't end up being just more mess in the house!

I hesitated over those momentarily as well! I decided $8 was enough to spend at the $$$ spot in one day....maybe later though.:love-retry:

vonfirmath
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I hesitated over those momentarily as well! I decided $8 was enough to spend at the $$$ spot in one day....maybe later though.:love-retry:

I spent $11 *blush* And had spent more the day before on the 75% off sale. Then went back for some Dr. Seuss today. the Dollar Spot can be dangerous!

Seitvonzu
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
we bought dollar spot puzzles when they had curious george stuff and lucy LOVED them.i worry about "cheap" puzzles...but those were really nice. i picked up the "aquarium" and one with drawn animals... and a dry erase board & one of the crayola books (color by code or something). oh-- i also picked up 3 paperback novels -- the secret garden, the little princess and alice in wonderland. there were a couple more (huck finn? & something else)-- but , my child is only 2 for goodness sake! they were printed in the USA! that always gets me for some reason (we got a couple disney books that were printed in the usa when they were out) we're revving up for potty training and i thought the "grown up books" would be a good motivator. i actually have kept all these dollar binges in a bag reserved for potty training time :)

now that i'm thinking about those paperbacks, i might go get some more for my woman's club's school supplies drive. those would be good in a classroom for kids who don't bring something for silent reading-- giveaways or something.

i refrained from the cards. my child LOVES cards of all sorts, but i know the danger of too much of that laying around.

oh target dollar spot-- you get me everytime!

vonfirmath
07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
I like spending cheap amounts of money on the puzzles because my son bends the cardboard ones -- not intentionally. But he gets excited and tries to make it fit. and, well. It bends and has to be taped up and, eventually, thrown away. So its nice to have not spent much on the puzzle in the first place!

maydaymommy
07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm feeling the pull towards Target. . . .

Olivia1094
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
The Target dollar spot IS dangerous! I think I spent $15 (went a little crazy!). I was just about to post about this. I didn't find any 75% off stuff, but that previous post made me go look.

We got a bunch of flash cards, a few books, some workbooks, and 3 of those classics: Huck Finn, Oliver Twist, and Dr. Dolittle. LO just turned 7 months today. LOL Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead. :shrug:

calv
07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
didn't get a lot this time around. did love the flash cards. picked up the president ones, country flags, US states and I forget the 4th set.