PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip for Sept. 2011 - when and where to start??

jgenie
07-13-2010, 04:25 PM
DS1 will be almost 4 and DS2 will be almost 2. Where and when should I start planning? TIA

Momof3Labs
07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
disboards.com
allearsnet.com
mousesavers.com

You'll likely be able to find a discount that time of year so I wouldn't worry about rushing to book a hotel room. That's a slow time of year so availability is usually pretty good.

The Unofficial Guide to Disney (book) is a really good place to start, too.

Katigre
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Where do you want to go?

TwinFoxes
07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Register with Disney Vacations. You can get deals, and tons of info that way!

jgenie
08-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Finally coming back to this. We used the unofficial guidebook when DH and I went 11 years ago so I will add that to my amazon cart. I registered with Disney Vacations but haven't received any emails yet - I did get the DVD though - how often do they send out emails?

A few questions:

So far I think it will be my mom, my sister, myself, DH, DS1 and DS2. My sister will probably only be with us for a few days at the beginning of the trip, my mom will hopefully be able to travel down and back with me and the DC, DH will meet us there at some point for a few days. I'm guessing we'll be better off with a suite of some sort so we can put the kids down at night and still be able to relax without worrying too much about waking them up. I don't know if my sister and DH will overlap during our stay or not. Can 4 adults stay comfortably in a suite or will we need to book two rooms? If we can all stay in one room we can book a nicer hotel if we need two rooms we'll probably go for less expensive rooms so my mom and sister don't have to spend a fortune. I would like to stay at a place that is convenient for MK access. We will be taking the Disney transportation from the airport and won't have a car. If you made it this far, any thoughts? TIA

Momof3Labs
08-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Onsite or offsite? What's your budget - value, moderate or deluxe? Disney transportation from the airport is free only if you stay onsite, but suites are crazy expensive onsite, unless you go with Pop Century family suites. Two rooms is almost always cheaper onsite.

hlphillips2
08-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Agree that two rooms is cheaper than a suite - that's what I found anyway. We've requested adjoining rooms but who knows...
Unofficial Guide is where I'd start too. I'd wait until after the first of the year to start making reservations. There might be some discounts and deals that are announced then.

When I registered I got more direct mail than e-mail. Maybe every month or two? I definitely get more email now that I've made reservations and that the vacation date is approaching. HTH!

klwa
08-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Onsite or offsite? What's your budget - value, moderate or deluxe? Disney transportation from the airport is free only if you stay onsite, but suites are crazy expensive onsite, unless you go with Pop Century family suites. Two rooms is almost always cheaper onsite.

I think PP mean the All Star Suites, since i don't think the new section of Pop with the family suites will be completed yet. Yes, the suite are more expensive than a regular room, but that's what we're going with. They're in All Star Music, in the front 2 sets of buildings. We're going with the suites just because they can't guarrantee connecting rooms (make sure you request connecting rooms rather than adjoining rooms if you go with the 2 room option.), and I didn't want the possibility of DH & I having to stay in seperate rooms every night.